Recent content by Sly

1. Sly

INAX Dover Dual Flush Toilet Review, pictures & comments

Terry, does the distributor there in Seattle still have the product and replacement parts? Chris Paulsen who replied on my earlier thread about INAX is apparently no longer with the company. I bought one from my local dealer early this year, still in the box, but they told me today that after...
  2. Sly

Do remote / inline pressure balance valves work well? Alternatives?

Thanks guys. From what I'm reading here, a "remote" pressure balance valve is really no different than pressure-balance part of the ones I'm more familiar with that also have a mixer. That's what was confusing me a little. Good advice to make this accessible - moving part subject to wear and...
  3. Sly

Do remote / inline pressure balance valves work well? Alternatives?

I'm looking at various exposed tub fillers with hand shower. I haven't talked with county inspections yet but anticipate needing an anti-scald device to meet code. Very few of these have thermostatic or pressure balance valves...that would be incompatible with the 'classic' look anyway. I'm...
  4. Sly

Experience with INAX toilets?

Chris, thanks for the info. Looks like there's a chance we'll have a distributor here in the near future :). Terry, thanks for helping Chris get in touch with me.
  5. Sly

It's beautiful stuff in the marketing material, would love to check it out. However in addition to no dealer in my state, there's no contact number or address on the website, just an email address, and no response to email. So no warm feeling about support yet :). It's starting to look like a...
  6. Sly

Christian, thanks for the additional info. Terry, I sent you email to the general address, will also try a PM.
  7. Sly

I hear you jimbo. Sony replaced a TV for us under warranty that was shipped freight. The first one didn't survive the trip; the shipper's comment was exactly what you said, most of the time these are palletized several together and one set by itself was unusual for them to deal with. In this...
  8. Sly

One other note - I just took another look at the installation manual. It looks like they spec the supply on the usual/left side (6" up and 9" from center), but since the fill valve is on the other side they are (almost) showing the supply line going behind the bowl, although the drawing isn't...
  9. Sly

Thanks Gary - that's good advice. Parts and support are definitely a concern, i.e. wouldn't want to Fedex parts from Japan :). I expect Toto was pretty specialized in the not-too-distant past as well and have done an excellent job going mainstream, probably along the lines of what INAX would...
  10. Sly

I'm replacing a 25 year old Briggs toilet in a remodel, had nearly decided on a Toto Carlyle II, then ran across the new INAX site. Apparently in Japan, Toto and INAX are comparable products. They have a model Dover that would match *very* well with the Bain tub I've already purchased; MaP is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks