Recent content by slodog

1. slodog

Radonseal sump pumps

Does anyone have any info or experience with the RH-1400 backup sump pump by radonseal company (Novion inc) out of Shelton, Ct? It's online ordering only and I want to be sure it's worth $390.00 before I invest in one. Any other recommendations for a pump that mounts outside of the sump?
  2. slodog

Refinishing Bathtub

Unfortunately, there is no way to replace the tub. The house is over 50 years old and it almost looks like the entire building was built around the bathroom.
  3. slodog

Refinishing Bathtub

I know this is a bit unrelated to the forum but I can't seem to find the proper one. Has anyone had experience with having a bathtub refinished or reglazed? I have a 1950's tub that has very little finish left on it. I have heard rave reviews (mostly from franchises) and horror stories from...
  4. slodog

Water Supply Lines

I'm in St. petersburg, Florida. Around 75 to 78 degrees today. Not bad for the beginning of March. My cold water temp seems to average around 65 to 68 degrees from the tap. Tony
  5. slodog

Water Supply Lines

water heater supply lines Thanks for the response. I have 150 amp service and my panel has plenty open space for the 2 double pole 40 amp breakers. My whole concern is the difference of gpm between the 2 pipe sizes but I guess ( I may be wrong) with the outlet line being 1/2 the smaller...
  6. slodog

Water Supply Lines

Another dumb question. I am installing a tankless electric water heater. The old tank unit ( in a kitchen cabinet) has a 3/4 inlet but 1/2 copper pipe for the outlet line. I get plenty of hot water and great pressure with this set-up but my water lines are in concrete and I can only get access...
  7. slodog

Tankless water heater clearances

I purchased a Powerstar AE115. the manual says no plastic piping within 3 feet of either side. It says nothing about over; below; or behind the unit. Do the sides of the heater really get hot enough to melt plastic? I have PVC condiut above the unit and washer hoses about 10 inches to the side...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks