Recent content by Slimjim43

1. Slimjim43

Subpanel Neutral & Ground On Same Bar?

The three wire feed to the sub panel is a 2" conduit. I email City Building Dept and they were not very helpful, "modern sub panel usually have separate bars." From what I understand is, it's safe to put ground and neutral wire on the same bar. Installing a ground rod next to the...
  2. Slimjim43

I have a diagram to better illustrate my setup. Since I'm installing an mini-split ac, to be on the safer side, can I just install a ground rod next to the condenser and ground the condenser. Would this make it safer?
  3. Slimjim43

I just met with an electrician. I want to install a dedicated circuit in my sub panel. Since I live in an old multi-unit, the sub panel only has a neutral bar. I ask the electrician what are you going to do with the ground wire? The electrician replied, "Since the neutral bar is bonded, you can...
  4. Slimjim43

Backflow Prevention

I noticed my irrigation valve is not Anti-Siphon Valve, instead it's a inline valve. I know to prevent backflow, you should have anti-siphon valve installed. Should I be concern and have it replace with anti-siphon valve?
  5. Slimjim43

SouixChief hammer arresters?

I changed all 3 units with Korky Quietfill and it seem to help a lot. But the problem still exist, but not as bad as before. The only time the noise comes on is when unit C is turning off the hot water in the kitchen faucet. I can hear the horn noise in the pipes. I confirm this noise by...
  6. Slimjim43

Water pressure is 50psi.
  7. Slimjim43

Water Hammer Arrestors

I check all the pipes, they seem secure. I don't have banging in my pipes. Just loud sound, like there is too much pressure in the pipes. My water pressure is fine 50psi. It only happens very early in the morning on cold days when unit A turns off shower.
  8. Slimjim43

Even if the toilet is less than 1 years old can cause hammering?
  9. Slimjim43

Shower would not cause water hammering? I hear the water hammering early in the morning after the shower is turned off. You think it is caused by a lavatory faucet instead? I already installed Sioux Chief at the washer and plan on installing at the faucet in the bathroom and kitchen. I plan...
  10. Slimjim43

Water Hammer Arrestors

Terry, I have a water hammer problem in my 3-unit complex. I believe I know where the problem is. In the early morning, when Unit A, shuts off water after taking shower, I can hear a loud noise, it gives me a heart attack ever time I hear the sound. I already installed Sioux Chief at the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks