Recent content by Skeptical_thinker

1. Skeptical_thinker

Time to replace the hulk in the basement

I would like to avoid a two tank solution if I can, which is why I was thinking a reverse indirect. Can the SS40 be used as both an indirect and a buffer?
  2. Skeptical_thinker

Holy Cow! Now that Prices have changed, Which Way Should I Proceed?

Newbie late to the party here but this laundry is near where I grew up. <http://www.gfxtechnology.com/Coin-Op.pdf> It gets wicked cold there. Take from that what you will
  3. Skeptical_thinker

All Copper Water Heater?

The last time I saw an all copper water heater was a very long time ago in a summer cottage. The heat source was a kerosene pot burner. I don't think you want one of those.
  4. Skeptical_thinker

Time to replace the hulk in the basement

tl;dr: want to replace huge, old, oil fired boiler to supply ~75Mbtu/hr to over-radiated, soon to be micro-zoned finned tube system. Looking for advise, opinions and comments. The hulk: Burnham V34 SN 7551110 with a Frankenburner that might have started life out as a Carlin, but only the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks