Recent content by skatona

1. skatona

P-trap location

I need to run a kitchen sink drain line roughly 3 feet through a few cabinets to get to the through-wall connection (due to layout of framing). Are there any "rules" regarding where the p-trap needs to be? Can I put it all the way over near the wall connection, or does it need to be under the...
  2. skatona

splitting speakers

OK, this is only a TINY question compared to the HUGE task in front of me - but wanted to see if anyone can help - I have a NUVO whole house audio system with 6 individual zones - 2 zones of challenge. One) Living room and dining room are adjoined with large open archway, making them too...
  3. skatona

subfloor stackup

I haven't found anything on any board addressing my specific issue - I have a mixed subfloor due to remodel - old sections are 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" T&G planking (can't remember exact measurement), new sections are relatively planar to the old with 3/4" Ply. This floor extends from my entryway...
  4. skatona

Gas pipe sizing

PG&E tells me to ask a plumber, so... I have added some gas load and recalculated my new gas supply requirements using an example I found online, and the standard table for distance vs CFH to check pipe sizes. My meter will supply enough in total, so no problem there. Per the calcs, because...
  5. skatona

rough-in for body sprays

Having trouble getting an answer to this, so hope someone out there can help. I am installing 4 body sprays, two on each of two opposing walls, using one 1/2" volume control valve. The valve can supply about 12g/m at 75psi and the sprays each use about 2.5g/m at 80psi (if my math is right, I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks