Recent content by SJProwler

1. S

Help diagnose rumbling oil furnace?

The reason you hear the rumbling since replacing the nozzle is that the airflow and fuel delivery must be calibrated using a combustion analyzer. Without the proper equipment you will be wasting oil, adding to c0 emissions, carbon buildup, and reducing the life of your equipment. Changing...
  2. S

Sand Issue, well just serviced.

Maybe I'm using the wrong terminology. They were pumping it with the rig with what looked like the guts of a pitcher pump at the end of 100' of drop pipe.
  3. S

Extending Well casing

This might be poor advice after the fact.... My well guys that were here recently had the same issue with a pitless adapter being stuck. They poured 3 cans of Coca-Cola on top of it and let it sit for a day. Next day it came right out.
  4. S

Sand Issue, well just serviced.

I have a 120' 2" deep well. the casing is down 110' with an 11' 8" plastic .008 slot screen. Orinigal drop pipe was 1" at 93' I had the well company here because my capacity was beginning to drop below a gallon a minute. They pulled the pitless and drop pipe, initially they were only...
  5. S

Electrician Services

^^^^^ That Picture tells it like it is!! ROFL!!
  6. S

Whirlpool Flame Lock water heaters, reviews, troubleshooting, repair and support.

Now just remember.... Every Habitat for Humanity home built in North America with Natural Gas will have one of these Water Heaters in it courtesy of Whirlpools Corporate Compassion. They donate all the appliances for each house. I live in their hometown, Benton Harbor Michigan. They pulled...
  7. S

Salvage yard for homes?

Check in your area for the local Habitat for Humanity Re-Store. I've gotten some amazing deals here in SW Michigan.
  8. S

Well going dry?

Same thing happens to me when the tank goes dry or the water has been shut off. I've always thought that it was just rust/sediment getting knocked off the inside of the pipes due to the sudden re-introdution of water and pressure thru the pipes after they were "dry" for a while.
  9. S

F&W Pump issue or something else.

Bob, I took apart the jet pressure valve and super cleaned it with a small wire brush, replaced the bellows, both fiber washers and the diaphram. I'm not losing prime now and it will keep pumping indefinitely. The yield is about 6 gpm @ 40 psi. With the jet down 93', and from all...
  10. S

The pump is identical to the current model VA-210P. Directly at the bottom of the pump the 2 pipes go to a concentric adapter then horizontal 8.5' through the basement wall out to the well.
  11. S

I've been having a problem with my pump losing prime, it will be pumping water and you can have water running in the house no problem. Open the faucet in the garage and thud... pump acts like it loses its prime. Some times just shutting off the breaker, waiting a minute and turning it back on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks