Recent content by sivright

1. S

Reliance water sending electric bill sky high

hj, What problem outside the water heater are you refering to? It has been working fine for 8 years. There are no discernable leaks. I am getting hot water(when the breaker is turned on), the electric meter slows to a crawl when the breaker for the water heater is flipped off, the ONLY thing...
  2. S

hj, You know, I only paid 169.00 for this thing 8 years ago, and I have already paid about twice that in electric bills, so I am just about ready to just go buy another one and be done with it, but the mystery about it bugs me. If it were a leak like you think, where is the water going and why...
  3. S

Guys, I havn't had a chance to do much about this today, because of work, but when I was at the electric co. today to make a down payment on my bill, there was a gentleman there that said that it could be a bad element. I havn't seen where you guys have mentioned that. What do you think? I have...
  4. S

hj, Thanks for responding. No water in the utility room where the heater is, no water under the house(pier & beam) can't hear water running. I don't think it is a leak. It seems like some internal electrical part to me. Any other ideas? Jim
  5. S

It was drained this fall. It is 8 years old and I have never touched the thermostat setting which was factory set at 120, I think. This is something that has come on in the last month or so, as my electric bill last month was normal. I'm not sure how to answer the recover question, except to...
  6. S

Greetings All, I have a 8 yr old Reliance 501 hot water heater that seems to be working just fine until I got my monthly electric bill. I turned the heater off at the breaker and the electric meter stopped spinning, so I am sure it is the water heater. How do I track down what part in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks