Recent content by SirElliott

1. S

Wind draws water from toilet bowls

I'm leaning strongly to venturi but not sure if it is mostly on the stack outlet or the whole roof. If it is mostly venturi on the pipe, than drilling some air inlet holes below the opening should break the negative pressure. I am inclined to think that the roof itself is acting as a very good...
  2. S

So how would you plumb that? The house is finished so we would have to open sheetrock unless your suggestion putting a vent in the main drain pipe where it exits the house but before the septic tank. That would put the vent downstream of the house trap. Would adding an air vent in a...
  3. S

Thanks for your suggestion. There are currently 3 vents. While they are on different roof sections, they are all on the lee side. I guess I'm leery of creating more roof perforations without confidence that this would solve the problem.
  4. S

Soundproofing around a shower?

What worked for me I had pretty much the same situation except it was a bedroom, my bedroom. The showers is my wife's and we are on opposite shifts. I did the staggered wall, 2" X 4" on 2" X 6" plates. I added insulation. I did go with two layers of 5/8" sheetrock. I used two products...
  5. S

As I write this the wind is blowing 30 to 35 mph with gusts to 57 mph. This is not uncommon here in the Cascades. Every time we get strong wind it lowers the water level in all of the toilet bowls. The other day I smelled sewer gas and went exploring, to find that the toilet bowl in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks