Recent content by SimonT

1. SimonT

Delta 1500 shower cartridge replacement

I have a delta 1500 shower, I just used the Delta Faucet RP32104 Monitor 17 Series Cartridge Assembly to upgraded to a 1700 series. I use the skinny washers rather than the double washers. My temperature control arm feels a little loose and the body has a little bit of play. Is this because I...
  2. SimonT

Leak on brass joint on Rheem water heater

Thanks Reach4 for your comment , I had tried using a braided hose connector last night but found that it does not lock down on the washer/Gasket so does not seal it and leaks on the crimped part of the connector (if that makes sense) The unit is Rheem RTE 9, my wife found the manual...
  3. SimonT

Leak on brass joint on Rheem water heater

This brass threaded connected on a point of use water heater suddenly started leaking. I have tried PTFE tape and pipe dope and it still leaks any suggestions ?
  4. SimonT

Floor Drain cap ?

Thanks I was worried that would be the answer
  5. SimonT

Floor Drain cap ?

I have a floor drain in a finished basement, the only thing that is connected in to it is a hose pipe that runs back to a water treatment unit used for dealing with iron in the water. (it back washes every night) This photo has been taken from a old thread and the area has changed and been...
  6. SimonT

Please help me document my well and water system

Did a manual wash in to a bucket to look at water and it was pretty clear after 3rd 5Gal I put hose in the drain and then rocked and banged the side of treatment unit. But water was stil clear. Water noise as it go's in tank is not so loud now as I guess water is not being forced through such...
  7. SimonT

With the bolt replacing the screw I would guess its full open I now have a GPM of 3.5 I have done a lot of calling around and I think I found a blue plastic Hydrocharger/ventur for about $60 SWT also has a plastic unit as well but still trying to get pricing...
  8. SimonT

Hi LLigeta, I changed out the O ring and stopped the leak but then played with the screw and some how busted the screw head clean off, To be able to have the water back on I had to use a normal bolt and pretty much cut a new threads in to the Hydrocharger/ventur as I hunted at every pumping...
  9. SimonT

Well I can not seem to undo the union to be able to remove the the Hydrocharger/venturi so I need to go and try and get some pipes to increase leverage to see if that might help. but what might be my show stopper is now I have a leak in the Hydrocharger/venturi water flow adjustment screw Happy...
  10. SimonT

Thanks LLigetfa, for all the education I think I might replace the Tee so I can have the draincock off the back of the Tee as there is not much room any where else is it worth putting a pressure relief value in as well ? I just did a fast update to my knowledge of pex and read up on the...
  11. SimonT

Hi LLigetfa, Thanks again for all your help, I need to go and pickup some larger pipe wrenches as I don't have any thing big enough to get on to the 2 nuts either side of the venturi. Any recommendations for cleaning it ? I was thinking a air hose and a water bath or some vinegar. Must...
  12. SimonT

Ok new gauge Installed I used a short stem to bring it above the pressure switch so I could see it and wont have to remove the pressure switch if I needed to swap it out again The pressure gauge shows 50 PSI The pump kicks in at 29 PSI When I drained down the pressure tank It showed 13 PSI I...
  13. SimonT

So I used the string and icecube method and got it stuck :-( but with some jigging it came up along with some of the fishing line that I lost last time :-) So thank you again for the hint about the ice cube craigpump. So drum roll the current static water level is still 100ft the same as it...
  14. SimonT

Thanks for the hint craigpump ,I did just read about some one else dropping a bit of wood down there on string and screwing up there pump and wonder what happened to my lead weight. I am trying to find the Static water level it was 100ft when drilled so I was going to try some string and I now...
  15. SimonT

I wanted to also see what it would take to replace the pressure gauge while I was doing the above. I turned off the pump and drained down the water and and had a play with the gauge but looks like I will need take off the pressure switch to be able to fully unscrew the pressure gauge. (What a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks