Recent content by sidmoore

1. sidmoore

Leaking Fleck 9100 Control Valve.

Okay, ditttohead, I think I've got it. I placed my order with softenerparts.com after 10pm on Friday and the order arrived in Monday's mail! Is that awesome, or, what??? Plus, Andrew Cross, of SoftenerParts, is equally swift in giving help to customers---almost instant replies to queries for...
  2. sidmoore

DH, we used to be your neighbor in Claremont. Great place to be, but, so is the hill ten miles...

DH, we used to be your neighbor in Claremont. Great place to be, but, so is the hill ten miles out of a small Texas town where my wife and I retired to---population of the entire county is under 14,000. Nearest neighbor is over half-a-mile down the unpaved county road.
  3. sidmoore

Hey, DH, thanx for the info, and the tip on your soon-to-be-released video on a rebuild of the Fleck 9100. If possible, please give me a heads up when you get it finished. I can wait on this leak problem for a few weeks until then. In the meantime, after removing the piston assemblies, can one...
  4. sidmoore

We have an eight-year-old Culligan Soft-Minder Twin with a Fleck 9100 control valve. The upper valve assembly is leaking at the piston. Several years ago on this forum, it was suggested that the seal kits and the piston assemblies be replaced. However, I think I take issue with the need to...
  5. sidmoore

? Efficacy of Using TDS to Calculate Softener Refill Time ?

You guys set me straight with regard to TDS being useless in checking water softener output (since the TDS reading of the softened water might even exceed that of the incoming hard water)...many thanks for that little piece of enlightenment (I got the great Hach 5 kit for that test, as you...
  6. sidmoore

HACH #5B Hardness Test Kit Question.

Thanx, Ditto (post #6). I tested pre-softener water and, indeed, it turned baby cheek pink. It took something like 25 drops of titrate solution to get it to slowly tend towards blue. As one other poster suggested in a rather round-about way---and YOU clarified---my system is doing a very good...
  7. sidmoore

Thanx, guys. What do you make of the beginning color of the solution being dark purplish-blue---not red, nor, pink???????
  8. sidmoore

Whoa, Nellie!!! I just received the HACH Model 5B Hardness Test Kits that were recommended here and just did my first test of our softened water. But, when I added the scoopful of UniVer 3 Hardness Reagent to my sample, it did not turn pink as stated in the instructions. Instead, it turned a...
  9. sidmoore

? Relationship Between TDS and Hardness.

Thanx for the link, Dittohead. Sid
  10. sidmoore

Mialynette, I had figured that might be true, but, had no way to really know, until you just verified it for me. Thanx! Sid
  11. sidmoore

Thanx for the tip, Tom. I had searched Hach for hardness kits and, for whatever reason, came up only with expensive, or, one shot kits. Much appreciated. Sid
  12. sidmoore

Well, I understand that a TDS reading lumps all dissolved solids together and that these, mainly, consist of calcium and magnesium. It is also my understanding that "hardness" is a measure of the amount of calcium (mainly) in the water. What I don't understand is: How can one possibly derive a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks