Recent content by sibi1972

1. sibi1972

Ripped open the ceiling

OUCH - Guy - Just Plain OUCH!! (cannot say what's on my mind 'cause this IS a public forum, but you get the idea) Ya' know what I should do... can't say that either. Thanks for the help, you've given me good advise throughout EVEN if I was too stupid to listen. Sibi
  2. sibi1972

Ripped open the ceiling

NHM, From what I'm seeing now that I FINALLY looked and found some diagrams on the net, what's there is similar to what's called a TWO PIPE DIRECT RETURN. There is one mixing valve on the basement zone but none to be found on the 1st floor zone. Unless they are at the convectors... which is...
  3. sibi1972

Hot water zone Valve

Gary, A new system? That's a entire NEW QUESTION for you to ask. I cannot advise you about that as I have myself in enough hot water with the job I'm currently doing. Sibi
  4. sibi1972

Ripped open the ceiling

I've been back and forth with you guys about this boiler job I'm doing which turned into an additional job of figuring out how the zones were were piped. I would like to thank you for all of the advise and education on hydronics and since I finally have the ceiling open in the basement...
  5. sibi1972

Hot water zone Valve

Gary, I'm sort of the ain't broke, don't fix it kind of guy. Four zone valves 34 years old. OK. So buy a couple (Honeywell seem good) and have them handy if something goes real bad. If it was me, I'd be happy to be able to brag that zone valves lasted that long. But who knows that a some...
  6. sibi1972

Manifold Sizing

Thank you for the advise. I think I'm fairly well set with this job and while I'm getting this done at dead slow speed I should be ready to fire this up early next week. Thanks again, Sibi
  7. sibi1972

Suntec A2VA-7116 leaking?

I can't speak for anyone else but for me, things are tough in these hard times. Saving some money on home repairs where you can isn't a slam on those who do it professionally. I'm here in this forum and I think this guy is also because we need some help and this looks like the place to find...
  8. sibi1972

Manifold Sizing

Keeping the manifold the same as the boiler tapping is a safe bet because then it cannot be too small or at least it cannot be made larger on that boiler. With 3 small zones and even with this small in output BTU's, this boiler has 1 1/2" tappings. To keep/make the Delta T at the correct...
  9. sibi1972

Confusing Situation

Bill, Thanks for the advise but I think I'm going to open the basement ceiling where I need to and find the connection points to the basement and 1st floor and just make 2 series loops. I know that's not elegant or the most efficient but with as small as these zones are, I'm thinking I'll get...
  10. sibi1972

Manifold Sizing

HJ, Thanks for the quick reply. How would I arrive at the demand size for a given system? Is there such a thing as a chart to reference? Sibi
  11. sibi1972

Manifold Sizing

I've got a question to something I can't figure out and would appreciate any help here. Sizing of intake and outtake manifolds on a 3 zone series loop, HW boiler with 1 pump and 3 zone valves. Here's my concern. The pump (B&G 100) has an opening of just less then 1". Since that is the...
  12. sibi1972

THAT is fine and valid advise. Sibi
  13. sibi1972

So after just shy of 60 years you've learned about pyrotechnics and new a definition for insanity. Thank you for sharing that but this guy has a boiler problem, did he not come to the right place for help? Sibi
  14. sibi1972

After just shy of 60 years I've found that DOING is a good teacher and when things get tough, ask questions. Sibi
  15. sibi1972

Confusing Situation

A split return system is something I've never heard of, but then again I don't know too much about hydronics. A couple of questions though. The system I cut out had 3 zone valves and a thermostat on each of 2 floors and one in the basement. It sure looked like 3 separate zones at the boiler...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks