Recent content by shonuff66

1. shonuff66

Smelly toilet, tried many things

One more pic for perspective. Note the shower is on the other side of that wall (see the valve)
  2. shonuff66

Thanks for the replies. We did some destructive testing and here is what I found. (See attachments) Had plumbers in they did the following: - opened up ceiling below the toilet, found mold on the drywall. we inspected throughly and it was only located around the area under the toilet. I knew...
  3. shonuff66

Back to the original post. We did the following: 1) Installed the original toilet (new unifit adapter). Smell increased significantly after installation (before we had the drain sealed up with a faint smell). To me that indicated something is just plain wrong with the unifit or the toilet. 2)...
  4. shonuff66

Resurrecting this old thread - we still have a smell. Here's what we did since 1) brought plumber out back in March 2011. We cleaned the toilet. And he installed a new replacement unifit adapter. I asked him were he though the smell was coming from, he couldn't smell it (I think he lost his...
  5. shonuff66

Forgot to mention I did a wipe down with bleach solution on the underside of the toilet and in the crevices from the back. Possible that I didn't reach every nook in there. Are those rubber seals supposed to hold on tight to the unifit? I can't see how they could. Unless they are supposed to...
  6. shonuff66

Hi All, I have a Toto toilet (single flush, no gadgetry) thats about 5-6 years old in our masterbath. Its in it's own little room in the bathroom. We have a constant smell in there even with the fan running 24 hours a day and door shut. See some pictures attached. Setup: - there is about...
  7. shonuff66

Advice and Help Identifying Mixet Shower Valve Cartridge

master plumber mark, I've seen those plates - looks like a good solution. A plumber i talked to (showed him the same pictures as attached in 1st post) said that it would extremely hard to replace the valve. I asked him why? I asked him if would make the cuts right next to the valve. He...
  8. shonuff66

Good idea to leave it in until there's a problem. The only problem I'm having now is that I find I have to tighten the valve pretty tight (tighter than normal) to stop the dripping. I have a feeling this is not good.
  9. shonuff66

Cass, Master Plumber Mark, Jimbo, Thank you for your replies. The message is clear. I will definately be replacing the open valve (with a new Danze valve). I'll ask my contractor to redo the plumbing as well to eliminate the flexlines. However, for the valve currently enclosed in the...
  10. shonuff66

Hi Y'all, Sorry for the long message, but I want to be thorough! Here's the problem. Master bath and guest bath have the same shower valve. Master bath is currently being renovated. Guest bath is not being renovated but is experiencing shower valve issues. Specifically, the guest bath...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks