Recent content by shayniferd

1. shayniferd

Low pressure from PEX manifold

From the manifolds to the faucets it is 1/2 PEX. The shorter lines were OK, but the longer ones were terrible. I replaced the 3/4 PEX with 3/4 Copper and that has helped. The shorter lines now have adequate pressure. I ran 3/4 PEX on my longest run, to the kitchen, but the pressure is sill...
  2. shayniferd

I thought I should have one inch from the meter as well, but it is definitely 3/4. I have enough copper to run it to the water heater and just up to the manifolds. I'll try that and see if it helps. Thanks
  3. shayniferd

Two full baths. In the previous system, the copper transitioned to galzanized as it passed the water heater. How is the diameter of 3/4 galvanized compared to 3/4 PEX? The faucets that are closer to the manifold have much better pressure than the ones furthest away if that helps ID the problem.
  4. shayniferd

I just installed a PEX manifold system and have significantly lower pressure than I did with my galvanized system. The copper pipe from the street is 3/4, which I transitioned to 3/4 PEX. I ran straight to the water heater and have less than three feet of pipe from the water heater to a five...
  5. shayniferd

Pex Apollo fittings

I've decided to replace the fittings on these pipes. Better safe than sorry. Thanks for weighing in. This forum has been a valuable resource and I appreciate all those that contribute.
  6. shayniferd

Pex Apollo fittings

I installed Pex in a bathroom I am remodeling and used the Apollo crimp fittings from Lowes. I used the Apollo tool to install the crimps. When I used the go no go tool to check the install the tool fits against the crimp one way and at another angle fits properly. Most all the crimps fit this...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks