Recent content by shawnkey

1. S

Kitchen sink drain and trap

Success! After much grumbling (from the prescription that I had to tear out the newly finished drywall), I grabbed the reciprocating saw and bit the bullet. I followed everyone's advice, from contacting a local plumber to lowering the outlet. íVIOLA! The water drains with cyclinic force...
  2. S

Thanks for all your help! So today is d-day, as in demolition. Given your advice, I'm going to tear out the wall and cut off the drain by about 12"--or a length that will put the outlet lower than the inlet. What kills me is my ignorance: just a few months ago, I had the perfect opportunity...
  3. S

I have attached a pic of the drain setup. Notice that the drain in the wall IS higher than the inlet to the trap. The drains in the sink are closer to the rear than the original sink, and the basins are different sizes (the one on the left is deeper and therefore lower). All this has...
  4. S

Diagram of setup I have attached a picture that approximately represents the setup. In the diagram where you see slip nut (just below the wrench), there's a 90 degree elbow that connects to the tee. Is this setup problematic?
  5. S

I recently rennovated my kitchen, including the plumbing service and sink. I've now reinstalled the sink, garbage disposal, and the P-trap. My question pertains to the level of the drains from the sink and disposal relative to the P-trap. I'll try to describe the setup: From the wall...
  6. S

No pressure, but a lot of stress!

I recently purchased an house that was constructed in 1928. During my inspection, I noticed that the water pressure for all the hot-water outlets (kitchen, bath, and washing machine) was extremely low, so I changed out the water heater hoping that would solve the problem. Unfortunately, that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks