Recent content by GTADiyer

1. GTADiyer

Critique my plumbing Plan - Ontario, Canada (pic included)

Thanks again! I knew I would have had to use a combination of wyes + 45s to make the 90 so thank you for the clear instructions. I will work on my diagram and post so I have a clear plan and hopefully it can help anyone else who is in a similar type situation.
  2. GTADiyer

Thanks so much for the advice! I have some questions regarding the most appropriate type of fittings connecting the fixtures to the branch line: 1) Should I make the entire branch 3" or would 2" suffice for the sink and shower? 2) I understand to use the 4" wye to connect the branch line to the...
  3. GTADiyer

Thanks for the advice. I have 3 fixtures: toilet, sink, shower. So if I understand correctly, I need to create a seperate branch off of the 4" drain by using a wye. See my updated diagram
  4. GTADiyer

I believe it's allowed. PVC is used for anything below ground and ABS for above ground.
  5. GTADiyer

Hi everyone - I'm startting a basement reno in Ontario, Canada. Any issues with this layout. Sewer drain is 4". I am planning a wet vent using the sink with an AAV (studor vent) as it will be difficult to tie into exisiting vents. Would it make sense to replace the entire length of 4" PVC...
  6. GTADiyer

Help identifying vents + basement plumbing question

Hi everyone - I'm the planning process of a basement renovation (reside in Ontario, Canada) I am trying to determine if location is okay to for a toilet, shower and sink. My first question is regard to venting. The 1st picture (with the T-fitting) comes from laundry room where it drains...
  7. GTADiyer

Laundry Room Standpipe - trap required?

That's what I figured :)
  8. GTADiyer

Laundry Room Standpipe - trap required?

Hello everyone, I am in the process of redoing the layout of my laundry room (home is about 17 years old in whitby ontario) and was looking at the the existing plumbing for the washing machine. My question relates to the p-trap. Does the standing pipe require a p-trap? The laundry sink is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks