Recent content by Sevenfeet

1. Sevenfeet

Premature end of life for the Drake II

The Saniflo products don't strike me as something that is designed to deal with a plastic or wooden children's toy. It seems more designed to mince effluent for disposal in septic systems or places with strict limits as to what can be flushed down sewage systems. Terry? Is this a correct...
  2. Sevenfeet

Perhaps. And yes, he did try to push the object out as you described, but the auger bit wasn't any bigger than the one I have and it actually got caught with the mouse and stuck for awhile before it was finally freed. I do think the odd shape of the object made it especially difficult.
  3. Sevenfeet

I haven't been in these parts for a few years, but for those who might remember, I have a special needs boy (now 14) who over his life has taken his OCD to some interesting extremes, including the weird obsession of flushing foreign objects down the toilets. What began with his little Thomas...
  4. Sevenfeet

Eco Ultramax opinions?

It's been three years since I wrote this and thought I'd share another story. To recap, I have a special needs son (now 11) who every now and then likes to flush foreign objects down toilets to see what happens. My house came with builders toilets from 20 years ago. First he flushed foam toys...
  5. Sevenfeet

NORITZ Tankless Heater--water temp fluctuation

I'm going to add to this conversation since it's been rekindled recently. I've had a Noritz N-069 model for 7.5 years. It gave us no trouble until about two winters ago when we started noticing what I would call "flameouts" during showers during the winter. In order to get hot water back, you...
  6. Sevenfeet

Eco Ultramax opinions?

Just a epilogue...the Ultramax II has been installed for nearly a week and it's an awesome product. But it wasn't the easiest thing to get installed mostly because of problems with the bathroom floor. When the house was built, some idiot builder (whom I went to high school with :) ) thought it...
  7. Sevenfeet

Eco Ultramax opinions?

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind when we shop for our master bathroom toilet later this year. I just installed the replacement seat and all seems to be well.
  8. Sevenfeet

Eco Ultramax opinions?

I'm not disagreeing with you on the "buy local" thing. The main reason why we went this route is that I wanted the Ultramax II and I'm not completely price elastic as I'd like. Ironically we've now had two circumstances in this purchase with broken product. The first was the toilet itself as...
  9. Sevenfeet

Eco Ultramax opinions?

An update: I ordered the Ultramax II CEFG a week ago from National Builder Supply in Atlanta and had it shipped to my home in Nashville. I thought the short trip would be ok for shipping this kind of product. Once we got the box, it was clear it was shipped to survive a war. There was spray...
  10. Sevenfeet

Eco Ultramax opinions?

I'm also looking at the Ultramax II. Some months ago after way too much research, I replaced a builder's toilet in my kid's bathroom with an Eco Drake. The new Drake is now the best toilet in the house although not perfect. I had bought it since my 8 year old autistic son had previously...
  11. Sevenfeet

Aftermath of our first Toto toilet installation...

Well one of the members here has pointed me toward a dealer with good pricing that can ship to my door. So now the choice is which model. We would have liked a skirted design like the Soiree, Carlyle or Vespin but I went back and measured the water line feeds next to our toilets and both are a...
  12. Sevenfeet

Aftermath of our first Toto toilet installation...

Well it's been a couple of weeks since our first Toto toilet was installed in my home. To recap, my home (circa 1991) has three bathrooms, all with substandard toilets from the age when 1.6gpf models were first hitting the scene. Two of the toilets (guest bath, kids bath) were Briggs models...
  13. Sevenfeet

Drake/Drake II/Eco Drake

I just had our first Toto toilet installed in our kid's bathroom. We chose the Eco Drake for three reasons. 1. It's wider trap way will make it less likely that my special needs son can clog it with toys like he did the last inferior toilet (a Briggs from the early '90s that came with the...
  14. Sevenfeet

Finally bought my first Toto...

Well, after two years of research and procrastination, my wife and I finally paid for a Toto Eco Drake from a local dealer here in Nashville. They had to order it so it won't come for a few days, but it's due to replace a old Brigss 1.6gpf toilet from about 1991-92. The Briggs toilet is one my...
  15. Sevenfeet

Which is the best Pressure Assist Toilet?

I suspect most people don't put any serious effort into selecting a toilet. That's a shame considering how dependent we are on them. They are what separates us from how everyone used to do it before the 20th century. Especially for we men, I think we think more about buying the next TV or...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks