Recent content by Sedin26

1. Sedin26

How To...Plumb Expansion Tank to Mobile Home Water Heater with PEX

Here's a pic of mine. We moved into our 1994 mobile in 2017 and after a bath and waiting a while, the water would come flying out when first turned on. I didn't check the pressure but knew it was too much, particularly since there was still some Poly-B. We had a small closet for the WH and a...
  2. Sedin26

Replace broken tub drain flange

I moved into a 1994 mobile home recently. Both bathrooms have identical tubs with identical broken or rotted drain flanges (picture attached) I can get under to work on this if needed but would the approach here be to use one of those drain extractor tools from the top? Any tips on how to...
  3. Sedin26

a/c adapter?

You'd be best to get a proper replacement from an online auction site. Buying from the manufacturer will be expensive but the chargers can be had from other sources at minimal cost.
  4. Sedin26

Rat in toilet

I'm going to have nightmares for weeks and I won't be able to use the toilet either :( I guess I'll have to just go off the back deck until I can forget this thread!
  5. Sedin26

what is the best grounding option

Definitely take the advice either not to buy this in the first place or to replace the FP Panel with something new. The FP panel is not safe and it is not worth it to try to mess with it any further. If you put in some GFCI outlets, that is better than nothing but you still have an unsafe...
  6. Sedin26

Any Great Ideas For a Rental With Costant Clogged Drain

I don't think we're really too far apart on most of the issues. I definitely don't think I'd want to be a landlord.....too much trouble unless you're lucky enough to get good tenants. I definitely agree, in the case of the tenant who keeps clogging with grease, that she can be told to stop...
  7. Sedin26

Of course I'd pay if I put a hole in the wall or caused any other damage to the unit. I'd also be happy to pay if I dropped something in the drain that caused an obstruction or dumped grease in there and caused a clog. I take pride in leaving a place in at least as good a condition as when I...
  8. Sedin26

You can actually get people to rent a place from you and agree to pay for any clogs that might happen? I know I wouldn't.
  9. Sedin26

Whirlpool Flame Lock water heaters, reviews, troubleshooting, repair and support.

If you've read through the thread, you already know that the only reasonable course of action is to take the heater back to Lowe's and go out and get a Bradford White or Rheem unit somewhere. If you continue with what you have, it is highly likely that you will experience continuing problems...
  10. Sedin26

Tankless-luke warm shower

Ladiesman, I'm not against tankless heaters (I may go tankless myself next time due to severe space restrictions) but I do have a question on your numbers. You mentioned that your system is rated at 2.09 GPM output at, I believe, 75 degree temp rise and you have also stated that you can...
  11. Sedin26

Ejector Pump Box with Air Admittance Valve (LONG)

I read the forums daily, though I haven't actually bothered logging in with my username for about half a year, as I don't generally post. I thought it would be worth it to comment on this, though. I hope your setup works - it very well may work well for an extended period of time. Though I...
  12. Sedin26

Lower Power element for small GE water heater?

I have tried that - I can get it down to about 98 volts before it stops working - it can almost run (and likely would if I unplugged everything else) If I can't find a 750W element, I'll grab a 1000W and I think I can make that work at certain times. It would be easier if I was near a city.
  13. Sedin26

That's ok - I would expect it to be very, very slow at recovering. If I can actually find one of these, I'll pick it up and try it.
  14. Sedin26

I haven't been able to find any of these online anywhere so I will try to call "local" supply houses (I'm not exactly close to anhing though) Any chance one of you has seen one of these online somewhere?
  15. Sedin26

Thanks for the replies. The 750W element sounds like it would be ok for my situation. Interestingly, this thread already comes up third on google when searching for 750w 115v element My next problem - I'm in the sticks so would prefer to source this on the net but I don't see anywhere to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks