Recent content by Seattle_Scott

1. Seattle_Scott

Advice on underground PVC repair couplers and moving earth

I have a place with a house on a 45 degree slope. The soil is sand on the top and clay underneath. We broke the local rain record last year (South Puget Sound). After the rains the ground dried out and the main power line to the house snapped, the water line busted and separated in a couple of...
  2. Seattle_Scott

Flange too low and no "room"? for a new one

Yep, got a plumber coming out tomorrow morning. I talked to an acquaintance that used to be a plumber and he told me how to get the old pipe out but hiring a plumber that has the skills and "touch" sounds like the smart thing to me. Once the floor is fixed and the tile is in I'll glue it all...
  3. Seattle_Scott

Flange too low and no "room"? for a new one

Original flange mounting was too low (flange was mounted to subfloor (3/4) plywood). I'm probably going to put in tile which will make the height difference worse. I'd like to cut off the old flange and glue on a new one when the new floor is done but wonder if I have enough room to do...
  4. Seattle_Scott

Rotten Stud(s) Replacement and PVC Vent Line

I think I had a roof leak that ran down the outside wall and rotted some studs, a piece of siding and some flooring. The picture shows the studs have an ABS vent line running thru them. There was also a leaky toilet and sink, maybe moisture got trapped in the wall from those leaks and the roof...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks