Recent content by scsiguru

1. scsiguru

Toto Ultramax II Flush Valve Replacement

bad terminology on my part..anyway that’s what’s making the rattling noise.
  2. scsiguru

Yes..it’s the valve rattling. I’m actually using a Korky’s valve.
  3. scsiguru

I've been hearing this rattling sound coming from my water system in the house and after a bit of looking around I determined it was coming from the flush valve in one of my Toto Ultramax II toilets. I need to replace it and looked around the forums to find a non-OEM replacement but didn't find...
  4. scsiguru

Toto UltraMax II weak flush

That's incredible!! I may just swap out the flush valve and see if that makes a difference. I'll need to find the correct part since it's been a while since I've changed one on the three Ultramax II Toto's I have.
  5. scsiguru

Thanks Terry...not sure what could have been flushed down the toilet...it's just my wife and I with no kids in the house that would flush things that shouldn't...lol
  6. scsiguru

I've replaced a flapper on this unit over the years and I think maybe even a flush valve. Over the last couple of months I've notice that the flush has been weak (but it still does a complete flush) on occasion. This weak flush issue has been occurring more frequently as of late. Could the...
  7. scsiguru

Need help identifying Moen trim kit

The length of the shank above the deck is 1/8" or so shorter than the minimum 1 3/8" requirement. Here's some photos:
  8. scsiguru

I rec'd an email response back from Moen today. They sent me a document which provides detailed information about how to check if your existing valve can be used with their current trim kits. Apparently the key/critical factor is the length of the shank to which the spout is attached. On the...
  9. scsiguru

Thank you for this information! At least I know which model I have now. Checking Moen's site here's what I find about replacing the trim: "In many cases, the trim can be replaced without replacing the valve. However, we would need to know more information about the present product to confirm...
  10. scsiguru

I'm upgrading my master bathroom faucets and have installed two Moen Eve collection faucets for the two sinks. I have a Roman Tub which has an old Moen trim kit (from around 1996). There is no access to the valve since it's the tub is tiled in the front and I ventured into the crawl space and...
  11. scsiguru

New Toilet: after flush is complete water continues to drain from bowl for 30seconds

Denny..thanks for taking the time to respond and provide that information. The toilet I replaced did not do this, it just had a small crack in the bowl so I had to replace the whole thing. Now this toilet is causing me problems. I also had to replace the water valve to the toilet since it was...
  12. scsiguru

New Toilet: after flush is complete water continues to drain from bowl for 30seconds

I installed a new American Standard toilet last November. Ever since I installed it, water continues to drain (you can easily hear it draining) from the bowl for about 30 seconds after the flush is complete and then the "trickling" of water stops. The water level drops a couple of inches and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks