Recent content by scorpionleather

1. S

How to give softener a thorough cleaning for iron and bacteria?

I searched around and couldn't find the answer about giving our softener a really thorough cleaning that uses both iron remover and bleach. ...because I don't think bleach is supposed to be mixed with the acid ingredient of the iron remover so I'm not sure if one can be used right after the...
  2. S

Recommendations for high flow pre- and post- filter cansisters?

thanks Gary, we'll skip the pre- and post- filter canisters. I thought maybe a carbon filter at the very end would remove some chemicals that the Filox will not remove, but also we should consider the potential for the carbon filter to get clogged up. We were thinking of something like the...
  3. S

good suggestion.. my only concern about the re-usable sediment filter would be if bacteria could use the surface area if the cartridge is not totally replaced sometimes. We have well water and I think we have IRB (Iron Reducing Bacteria) and the sediment filter will come first before the iron...
  4. S

I would like to add a sediment pre-filter and a carbon post-filter before/after the softener and Filox filter tank. Any recommendations on good models to consider? Originally we bought the Crystal Quest 20" canisters but they are having manufacturing problems with their thread machining, and...
  5. S

pros/cons of Filox filter before or after softener?

That makes sense Gary thanks. If I understand correctly when the main issue is a sulfur odor, there is no benefit to having the Filox filter after the softener? I wonder why Crystal Quest would recommend that sequence? Often there are pros/cons to different approaches. So there aren't any...
  6. S

pros/cons of Filox filter before or after softener?

We were originally going to install a Crystal Quest pyrolox filter for sulfur odor for our well system, and their tech support told us to put the filter after the softener. So we had all the copper pipes soldered for this configuration. The filter threads were defective (the plumber pointed...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks