Recent content by sc_hoaty

1. S

Well-X-Trol worth the price ?

Go ahead and add some "new" air to it. It deserves a treat after all those years of faithful service!
  2. S

When my Well X Trol finally dies, I will look into a CSV. At the moment, the Well X Trol is on its way to outliving me!
  3. S

My Well X Trol is about 30 - I've owned it the last 26. I need to add air every 5-7 years.
  4. S

Do I have a leak?

The well was here when I bought the house - 26 years ago. I have been using the guy who installed it. If I need more work done, I will probably call someone else.
  5. S

help finding posts about remote electrical service panel

If it were me, I would not reuse the old wire you are planning on trenching out. I'm also leery about having the pump plug connected instead of hard wired with a shutoff. My concern with the reuse is that the insulation will have the usual nicks and gouges from installation, a few more from...
  6. S

Do I have a leak?

The rest of the story: Well guy came today, pulled the first 20' section, and no water came out when they sawed the pipe. But we could see water just a few inches down in the second section to be pulled. We lifted it a few feet, and observed a crack running around the circumference of the...
  7. S

Do I have a leak?

Think I have it figured out. I isolated the irrigation and the house, and let the bladder tank fill up to around 50 PSI. I had my wife throw the pump breaker while I listened at the well. I heard what sounded like spraying water, and it persisted for 15-20 seconds after the pump was cut off...
  8. S

Do I have a leak?

Thanks for the reply. The check valve mounted just upstream of the pump is brass, and I believe it is still OK (replaced a few years ago). When we pulled the pump a couple days ago, there was standing water in the supply pipe, so it had not run back through the check valve. Everything...
  9. S

Do I have a leak?

I'm getting frustrated with my well, even though it has been pretty good to me for over 20 years. My wife noticed the flowrate seemed a bit off when she used the garden sprinklers - they did not throw as far as they used to. I attributed this to maybe some wear on the pump impeller. The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks