Recent content by saphman

1. saphman

Gas line size for tankless water heater?

I will Share my Experience with you on this issue. I Recently replaced my standard 40 Gal Nat Gas water heater with a Rheem Tankless 199,000 BTU Unit. Everything in my house is Nat Gas in terms of heating. We have (2) natural gas furnaces, (1) 6 burner gas stove, (1) gas grill, (1) gas standby...
  2. saphman

Rheem RTGH-95DVP

I have that exact Heater except it is natural gas and has the Wai Wela Paloma Label but the innnerds are exact. This heater needs 199,000 BTU's of fuel for it to run. You will not get that from a 1/2 inch line. You need a "Dedicated" 3/4 inch conduit from your gas supply to the heater, with the...
  3. saphman

Looking for Chicago Lake water experiences with Tankless

FWIW, I have that exact unit from Rheem though mine is the Paloma brand, Condensing tankless with the H95 spec's. Like "killer95STang" My unit has been flawless and supplies endless hot water to our three bath home. We are in North Florida but our water does get cold. Based on your gas system...
  4. saphman

Need to descale my tankless heater can you use a sump pump

I agree with you. I have the 1/6 hp pump I bought at lowes. It has just the right amount of pressure and flow. Another option to descale is using "SULFAMIC" acid powder. This is available through LOW ENERGY SYSTEMS and comes in a 5lb bag. There is a copper protector solution that you add with...
  5. saphman

Clearing The 1L Error Code on Rheem Tankless Heaters

Hi Folks, I just thought I would share with you a way to reset your Rheem Paloma WaiWela tankless heater after a descaling procedure. My condensing tankless unit has been in service now for about 9 months and I recently got the "1L" code to descale. I followed the instructions to descale using...
  6. saphman

A happy ending to what seemed like eternity.

I have a good friend who has an outdoor Rinnai unit installed 3 years ago with not a single problem. I just installed one of the Paloma condensing gas heaters in my home that is also fantastic. So far not a single problem...Flawless actually. I do know several others who had big headaches with...
  7. saphman

is 1" id enough?

I Agree with jadnashua. The gas line is a critical factor in performance of the tankless units. I just installed the Paloma phh 32dvn which is a rheem unit identical to the model you quote. It sounds like you are running 1/2 psi gas pressure with the size of the incoming line you have. Do your...
  8. saphman

Proper Venting of Rheem Condensing tankless water heater

I do believe you are correct. I had an existing 1/2" gas line right where I installed my tankless but I got so much feedback that was negative on using that I upsized mine to 3/4" right from the inlet manifold in my attic. Based on the gas table i posted earlier the 75 feet CSST run I added...
  9. saphman

I thought I would attach this gas table for reference and comments. Given that he has a 1" line in the attic, Maybe he could upsize his gas meter and inlet pressure. Using CSST really eliminates elbows and fittings. Of course the system should be grounded.
  10. saphman

Dana, what is the reference inlet pressure for the gas table you listed?. Is that 1/2 PSI? The reason I ask is I used 3/4" CSST running 75 feet from my gas manifold. According to the table I used that was plenty of reserve CFH. My system is 2 PSI. I also have inline a 3/4" Maxitrol regulator.
  11. saphman

Yes. I ordered it directly from SBC. You will need the Stainless steel flashing umbrella. It comes with an adjustable ring clamp to tightly secure over the outside of the Concentric vent with a bead of caulk. Cost was about $38. The collar size you need is 4.5 inches. If you are using an...
  12. saphman

Rheem, Richmond, Paloma and Wai Wela are the same units internally. I have had several contacts with Rheem Tech Support and they are terrible. I am sorry to say that but it is true. The people they have on staff know very little about the products they sell. IMHO, you are better off talking to...
  13. saphman

Installation Pictures Here are a few pictures of my tankless heater in the utility closet. You can see the two 3" PVC conduits and the rubber condensate collector on the air intake. I also added a 3" 'T' above that just in case. By the way if you do use a concentric vent, Do not cement...
  14. saphman

I bought my tankless unit from Low Energy Systems out of Denver. They are a very good company and provide excellent tech support. They have the rubber 3" condensate coupler you will need for the air intake side. Also make sure you get the tankless service valves so you can do the required...
  15. saphman

I just installed the exact tankless heater you have except mine is the Paloma PHH- 32DVN. MY vent run is all vertical with 3" PVC terminating out the roof with the concentric 3" vent you show in your thread. I have also asked the same question regarding rain ingress into the exhaust. I have...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks