Recent content by Sandpiper Plumbing

1. Sandpiper Plumbing

DO NOT BUY FROM HOME DEPOT...and here's why and what happened to me today !!

Exchanging, not returning. Allow me make a correction: I was at Home Depot to make an exchange. I wasn't looking for money back or anything like that, I was there to do a warranty exchange. But to do that , they claim they have to have a SKU, do a return, then charge for a new heater. They...
  2. Sandpiper Plumbing

DO NOT BUY FROM HOME DEPOT...and here's why and what happened to me today !!

ATTENTION FELLOW CONTRACTORS: Do NOT buy from Home Depot !! I discovered today that they have a new, much stricter return policy. I returned a leaking G.E. water heater, guaranteed for 6 years, and was told to return it at my local Home Depot. I did not have a receipt, nor did the home owner as...
  3. Sandpiper Plumbing

Plumbers with HERNIA'S ??

Got hurt at work last week, am curious, how many of you out there have lifted too much and gotten a groin/inguinal hernia? How long were you out of work? How long until you could lift and carry tools/material again? How long until you felt "normal" again? Any complications? Anyone have to...
  4. Sandpiper Plumbing

PVC Tubing

PVC can NOT be used for hot water. CPVC can. If using CPVC, my recommendation is use only CPVC that is stamped FlowGuard Gold. Use the one-step glue, usually comes in a yellow can, is a yellow glue, that states on the can is specifically for FlowGuard Gold piping. No primer needed. Let 1/2"...
  5. Sandpiper Plumbing

Removing kitchen faucet cartridge

Suggestion: Remove that Kohler pile of junk and install a Moen.
  6. Sandpiper Plumbing

Future Polybutyl Repair

I'm with REdwood on this. We use the pex-x-poly transition fittings and couple in a section of pex.
  7. Sandpiper Plumbing

big decrease in hot water

Time to call a professional to test the heater and give you an accurate diagnosis. It's a 240 volt piece of equipment, fiddle with it wrong and you'll definately have an eye opening (and possibly permenantly eye-closing) experience.
  8. Sandpiper Plumbing

PEX brands

I use Viega mostly and occasionally Watts.
  9. Sandpiper Plumbing

How to seal a closet flange in concrete...

Ideally, the best thing to do would be chip up the concrete a little and glue on a hard cap. The expanding plugs use a tapered rubber plug which will degrade over time, eventually crack/crumble and will not seal. I've seen guys do the quick and dirty method, shove a piece of wire mess down the...
  10. Sandpiper Plumbing

Tub shoe gaskets...can I stack them?

Simple answer - NO. It will leak. Period.
  11. Sandpiper Plumbing

Delta Tub and Shower Faucet

The cartridge is pressure balanced. Unless you have equal pressure on both the cold AND the hot side, it shouldn't allow any water thru. Sounds like it's operating (mostly) normal.
  12. Sandpiper Plumbing

jb weld? Toilet tank crack

I've had customers break pieces off tanks before and I've adhered them back on with a 30-minute two-part epoxy.
  13. Sandpiper Plumbing

Flange slightly lower than finished floor

With only an 1/8th inch to deal with, I'd use a Jumbo wax ring with a horn(which is really the most common one we use) and if that's not enough, set that wax ring on top of a standard wax ring and just double-up the wax. The flange risers work well, I've used them before, but you need to seal...
  14. Sandpiper Plumbing

Zurn PEX by Non-Plumber

Hire a licensed and insured plumber. His work comes with professional grade products, a real warranty, and peace of mind.
  15. Sandpiper Plumbing

Old Delta stock at big box store

Well, maybe the Home Centers near you employ someone with a brain but most of the employees in the plumbing aisle of my local home centers are idiots. I wouldn't want them in the field, they're a hazard and the advice I hear them give sometimes makes my cringe. Luckily, I don't visit Cheapo...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks