Recent content by Samster

1. Samster

Insulating cantilever and rim joists

Thank you for the tips! The landscape fabric is a nice touch. The only thing in the bay is plywood on the bottom and it looks to be tight to the bottom of the joists. I can send a picture if needed. Is there a certain type to use? Because I am unable to really get a good moisture barrier, will...
  2. Samster

Thank you for your reply. The sheathing is close to the ground and would be very hard to remove. A friend of mine suggested that I spray foam the area. That is what he had done. They sprayed the top, sides and bottom. I can access the bay's from the inside so could I dense pack those areas from...
  3. Samster

Hello, I have been reading the information on insulating and there is a lot of good information out there. I have 2x8 joists that extend about 2 feet past my foundation just over ground level on some sections of my house. Currently there is fiberglass insulation that is layed flat in the bay's...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks