Recent content by sammermpc

1. sammermpc

Laundry tray pump p-trap venting?

Yah, I am not sure if there needs to be a trap in there at all — most of the directions I've seen just have the laundry tray pump discharge going straight into the waste line. There was a pre-existing p-trap there, so I just kinda went with it. One thing, is that without the p-trap, you're then...
  2. sammermpc

Thank you very much for the feedback. I will see about replacing those rubber couplings with the appropriate ones you describe. And yes, that was just the initial photo. After some experiments, I have turned the valve quite a bit so the pump runs continuously when the faucet is running, rather...
  3. sammermpc

I'm sure I've done something wrong here — but I went ahead and plumbed it and so far, at least, it appears to be working. Wondering if I did it right! There's a check-valve down on the vertical by the tray pump.
  4. sammermpc

As I'm mapping this out, I am realizing that the AAV needs to go between the trap and the building drain. I realize that's obvious to those that know what they're doing. When I'm attaching an AAV then, what should kind of fitting should I put between the existing cast iron trap and the...
  5. sammermpc

OK, thanks for wisdom. That's exactly right. This sink screws right into the drain of the utility sink. That is a good idea to add the vent some distance from the trap; I will have few foot horizontal run there, so I will put it a ways away. Getting the sink tomorrow so hopefully will have some...
  6. sammermpc

Doing more reading, it seems like if I leave the trap there without an AAV, as it could siphon back down. I think my choices are probably to install an AAV on the new drainage line, or to remove the p-trap. I think I'll probably put in an AAV, as I can't see how it'd hurt!
  7. sammermpc

I know there are dozens of questions similar to this, but... I'm planning on installing a utility sink in the basement with one of those mount-direct-to-sink bottom pumps (no P-trap). My confusion is about connecting to the drain and how to make the connection there. Currently, the washer...
  8. sammermpc

Repeated failure, faulty valve?

Thanks for the thought. I do wonder if the convection heating pressure (which shouldn't be so great), is enough to actually overcome the gravity valve pressure. Unlikely, but seems possible. Another possibility (which I don't think is likely), is that the convection pump is turning on by...
  9. sammermpc

Repeated failure, faulty valve?

About a year ago I replaced the hydronic check valve on my boiler after noticing that hot water was making it upstairs to my apartment. I replaced it with the same model as was originally installed (and have installed on the other two boilers), a Watts two-way hydronic check valve (this model...
  10. sammermpc

IKEA Sink + Vanity Compatibilities

Hello — I'm at work renovating our bathroom, and we're looking at doing the Ikea Godmorgon cabinet (23" wide) with the Ratviken sink. Typically, it appears the Ratviken sink is paired with the Hemnes cabinet. I know routing the plumbing on these units can be tricky, so I was wondering if anyone...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks