Recent content by Saltworks

1. Saltworks

Venting Questions

Thank you both for your replies - it certainly makes my life easier by clearing up my misunderstanding.
  2. Saltworks

Venting Questions

I have a couple of bath venting questions that I could use some help on. 1. I have a bath on the first floor that has vents running through the attic to the main vent. The lavatory vent runs across the joists to the main vent. I am adding a bath on the second floor. I have been able to...
  3. Saltworks

Bath DWV

cacher_chick - you are correct, I need to get both drains to a wall to vent and drain them. This is a 100 year old stone cottage with the unusual complication that most of the walls are framed with 2 x 4 studs on the flat - meaning the interior of the walls are often only 1.75 inches wide. Too...
  4. Saltworks

Bath DWV

Thanks for the reply. If the shower didn't flow past the tub, the tub would be vented since the code allows up to 8 feet before venting if using 2 inch PVC (as I understand it). In addition, if I moved the shower drain about 6 inches to the right and kept it on its own drain, it could also be...
  5. Saltworks

Bath DWV

First post, first attempt to insert a photo. Hope it works out. Above is a drawing of my proposed dwv design for a new second floor bathroom (shower and tub group). Can anyone comment on whether it will meet code? I am working under the Michigan Residential Code 2009, which I believe is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks