Recent content by sallfham

1. sallfham

Multiple issues-need advice

"Anti-bacterial" comment got me thinking... Wondering whether any manufacturers apply the same anti-bacterial finish to the inside of their tanks as the do to the bowls, or whether there is an after-market spray product that would have the same effect? Seems that slime/mold would be less of a...
  2. sallfham

This is a pretty spartan vacation cabin. No dishwasher, washing machine, etc. Just kitchen sink plus toilet, shower and very small bathroom sink. Shower rarely used with lake nearby. Use lots of disposable plates, cups to minimize dishwashing. I would guess that water usage is 60% toilet, 30%...
  3. sallfham

Sorry, missed this one the first time. Water pressure is OK, I believe around 30 psi, but certainly enough to fill the tank reasonably quickly after a flush. When cleaning the tank, don't notice grit, although it could be suspended in the mold/slime and not that noticeable.
  4. sallfham

Wj, you're exactly right. I am very concerned that less gpf will cause backup problems in the waste line that will be far worse than the benefits of less water use and lesser fill rate for septic tank. I'm assuming that gpf rate is reduced by the presence of the insulation, meaning that a...
  5. sallfham

Here's the situation: 1. Uninsulated summer cabin on lake in northern NY. Occupied up to six weeks a year in July-August, on average four to six people at a time. Bathroom about 5'x6', with stall shower, toilet and small sink, small window, no fan, low ceiling. Well water, septic system...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks