Recent content by saccof

1. S

connect 2" washer standpipe to 4" pvc drain

My only concern, before i get the parts and dive in in the morning, is whether my equally old septic tank will handle the gallons of water from the washer? Maybe if we only do a load or two in any day?
  2. S

Thanks again, it is all the white stuff, been there for quite a few years. The non-draining standpipe is now pvc coming through the floor to the washer, connected to old galvanized coming out of the ground, with a clamp similar to the one pictured in Terry's initial reply. If I...
  3. S

Thanks, I see Beautiful illustration. I think I can do this. Any special cleaning required on the old 4" pipe I'm splicing the wye into? Your advice is much appreciated, and hopefully will save us some cash we don't really have.
  4. S

Thanks Terry. I don't see any trap on this washer drain pipe--where would it be, or where should I add it as I connect the 2" vertical drain to the 4' horizontal, about 2 feet apart?
  5. S

My new drains at 17 gallons/minute washer overflows the standpipe when it pumps out into the drainfield of this old house I'd like to connect the washer to drain into the 4" pipe going to my septic tank. Is there a way to cut that horizontal 4" pvc pipe, remove a section, and splice in some...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks