Recent content by rwcarpenter

1. rwcarpenter

Lift station?

Jerry, you asked this twice, so I feel you wanted an answer, leech fields are made up of lateral lines that run out from a conventional septic system, the lateral lines are perforated normally in the percolation area (percolation area can be a couple of feet or so deep trench surrounding the...
  2. rwcarpenter

Angie's List, When an A grade is not enough

I tried a little Georgia moonshine once when I was in Georgia visiting some kin. Once was enough, I am pretty sure you could fuel a rocket with the stuff, it was smooth alright cause it burned everything out of its path on the way down.
  3. rwcarpenter

Angie's List, When an A grade is not enough

I wouldn't worry about it, all that crap they advertise on TV is pretty much scams now days, the word is getting around anyway, so eventually they will seek you in the yellow pages when it dawns on them that they were took. http://knaddison.com/technology/why-angies-list-sucks And speaking of...
  4. rwcarpenter

Temporary 4" PVC riser from closet bend now stuck and I need some advice

Wow, that sounds like something I might do. I picked up a couple of test plugs like these, one for 2" shower pipe, and one for 4" pipe for when I do some bath and kitchen projects...they go in and come out read easy no matter how long it takes me to get back round to it, just tighten or loosen...
  5. rwcarpenter

Grease Trap At Home, Do I need it?

Well he was there before I got there, and already had the grease pit lid off, so it was more than 45 minutes come to think of it. So yea I guess I came out way ahead on that one ;). I revise it to say 45 minutes from when I got there. Yes, most of my clients do use the brand written on the...
  6. rwcarpenter

Well actually, I took an hour and 15 minutes, he took 45 minutes but he had a helper so I guess I was a little ahead since I did not have to pay anyone. We called it even and we were both happy, and so was my wife, so that is what matters :). I set up a wireless router last night, cleaned up...
  7. rwcarpenter

How do I make it look good?????

In my bath where I had a pedestal sink put in, it was copper in the wall, and it transitions to eared threaded 1/2" FIP connection inside the wall (kinda like the shower arm screws into), the ears were attached to blocking he put in the wall between the studs. Then the plumber used a short...
  8. rwcarpenter

Thanks for the comments and suggestions guys :) No grease down the sink around here, well at least not by us, however, we have only had the home a year so who knows what happened before then. My grease gets hauled off by the recycling guys. This home was built in 1967 and this think also is...
  9. rwcarpenter

Hi guys. I bought my home about a year ago and the sink started to flow really slowly recently, always was slower than other sinks, but now its unbearable. I mentioned it to my brother in law who was friends with the previous owners and he said its probably the grease trap, and that the grease...
  10. rwcarpenter

Smoothie

Perhaps its an anode rod that is flecking off maybe?
  11. rwcarpenter

Help! Broken Tee in wall for fridge water line...

What I did in the similar situation was take the saddle clamp off and clean around the spot with a little sand paper, mix up some of that epoxy putty, and then put in on the hole. I then turned the clamp part of the saddle backward (where hole in clamp was opposite hole in pipe) to give the...
  12. rwcarpenter

P trap vs S Trap

In a renovation/remodel, aren't you required to follow current codes?
  13. rwcarpenter

Roots stopping toilet...$1400 to fix?

I would definitely get that second opinion on that repair so your plan sounds good. No, you would not see it in your waterbill unless the roots grow into your supply lines, this is a drain line. It would have to be a bad leak to cause major damage to the foundation, and then that would only...
  14. rwcarpenter

Toilet noises!

I had a similar squealing noise in one of my toilets...more of a squawl really in my case, I changed the ballcock, then the whole assembly, and it still made the awful sound when filling. I decided to investigate the shut off valve, and on the toilet side of the valve it had a flat bit of...
  15. rwcarpenter

copper soldered joint ?

Is it important to wipe a solder joint. I always do, but my plumper I hire for big stuff rarely if ever does.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks