Recent content by Rustycan

1. Rustycan

Tub frame/tile question

Thanks for the help/tips folks. Now my tub is a jetted 60x32 drop in, and on the bottom are 4 thick 4x4 legs that are screwed and caulked into the bottom under the plywood that the pump and heater are all mounted to. I was told these are there to use to level the tub and they just set in the...
  2. Rustycan

Tub frame/tile question

So I have posted some framing questions before, but now I have a different one. I have framed the jetted tub, leaving enough space under the edge of lip to sheath the side and top ledge with plywood, and still leave enough space under lip for thin set and the tile. I am thinking of doing it this...
  3. Rustycan

Whirlpool bathtub framing questions...

And for using this as a shower as well, we need to use this tub, so looking back is not an option. But with the drywall coming down on the top edge of the tub with a curved tile flange, the water will actually slope away from the wall as long as the tub is level. But still wondering for sure...
  4. Rustycan

more info Got the tub in place, ready to start framing. I know I need to be sure of my measurements for the frame as with a fiberglass tub, it shouldn't have too much weight hanging form the edge (that's correct right??) On the bottom of the tub there is some plywood where the tub and all...
  5. Rustycan

I am re modelling our ensuite, and bought a Vegas whirlpool tub by Maax. We had a corner shower in before and removed it due to leaking water damage. I have just received the tub that we ordered, it is 60x32. I now have to frame where it is going in the ensuite. Any tips on how to do this...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks