Recent content by rtorrez

1. R

Thermostat/Heating Home?

I think I need to move the thermostat. The vents are the ones that go in three different directions and the air hits the thermostat directly. Batteries are good and the wires are tight. Going to move the thermostat before the cold comes in tonight. Thanks for your reply....as always!
  2. R

Thermostat/Heating Home?

My thermostat keeps coming on ever 2 minutes after it goes off. I am in Texas where we have all four seasons in one week. I keep my thermostat at 68 and the sucker keeps coming on just after it has shut off. I do have a programmable thermostat and it is in the largest room of the house, which...
  3. R

Hairline cracks in joint compound

I did not use tape since it was a hairline but plan on redoing it and using the tape this time. I am new to the DIY but we learn as we go. I also noticed other hairline cracks appearing in toher areas of the ceiling. I plan on taking some pics to post.
  4. R

It is not underneath a bathtub. The house is one story. The weird thing is that the hairline crack appears and disappears. It is very light and does not go through the other layer....just the top layer. I will check the attic and try using the screws. Thanks for the info. Always great...
  5. R

I used some joint compound over a crack in my ceiling. I went over it twice and lightly sanded in between. I notice that when it is somewhat colder, something that looks like a hairline crack similar to the one I just covered appears on the joint compound but then it disappears. Has anyone...
  6. R

Similar Odd Power Outage problem too....

Update and Hmmmm.... Well I have not had any loss of power since Friday afternoon when the elecrtrician left. I did report it to the Home Warranty company that I lost power again after he left. Since then it has been working fine so maybe it is fixed. I do have a 60 day warranty on the...
  7. R

When I had the last outage I checked every outlet to see which had power and which did not and wrote them down. Come to think of it he checked the breaker and some of the power switches (not all) and maybe 2 of the 9 outlets that would be affected so he did a half assed check on that. I still...
  8. R

I have a similar odd power outage problem as well. Certain times of the day I have lost power to certain areas/rooms of my house but not the entire house. The power would be lost for a few seconds and then return. The longest has been like maybe 45 seconds but not over a minute. My bedroom...
  9. R

Setting thermostat

I want to set my AC thermostat to 73 and for it to come back on when the room reaches 75-76 degrees. Is this done using the offset or anticipator option and how would I set it for those options? Is the anticipator for heat only? Yeah I am so new to this.
  10. R

Room Temperature Offset

What does it mean to offset your thermostat? Is there a way to set the AC for a certain temperature and then for it to come back on after the temperature of the room has increased say 2 or 3 degrees higher?
  11. R

Leakign From Base pt.2

no...its perfectly on there. The plumber said that it's the best job he has seen and perfectly fitted.
  12. R

Leakign From Base pt.2

my toilet was checked for water leaking from the base of the toilet. A plumber friend of mine came to check it out and everythign was fine. Wax ring was still good and solid, no cracks in the flange, no hairline breaks on the toilet, and no leaking from the base. He flushed a few times and...
  13. R

Leaking from the Base

The water seems to flow only from one side of the toilet. A friend that is a plumber for a seminary school is coming over this afternoon and checking it out. THANK YOU all for your replies!!!!! Much appreciated!!!!:D
  14. R

Leaking from the Base

The toilet does not rock and I don't think the room is humid.
  15. R

Leaking from the Base

I noticed that some water was slightly leaking from the base of the toilet. After having the wax ring change twice it continues to leak. The catch, water only leaks when "sitting" on the toilet and it leaks before flushing. I noticed that there are also no leaks when flushed. The other thing...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks