Recent content by rstier

1. rstier

Composting Toilet vs. Incinerating

Thanks for the reply! Any particular model of composting toilet stand out?
  2. rstier

Composting Toilet vs. Incinerating

I am purchasing a summer cottage that has a present septic (about 60 year old design) but is on a peninsula with no access to pump it. I was looking into alternative toilets. Can I get some real world recommendations? I have seen some complaints about composting ones. I like the idea of...
  3. rstier

Culligan Mark 812 Water Conditioner - Time to replace?

First of all, thanks Gary for taking the time out to answer my questions. This is new territory for me so your responses have been very helpful. I think I will take your advice and get a water test done first and also check your sizing page. A few remaining questions I had if I need to...
  4. rstier

Looks like I am back to hard water and the iron smell. I think I will try replacing the water softener media. Any recommendations on the best media to use? Thanks, Ron
  5. rstier

Hi Gary, I'll take a look for the screws as that sounds much easier. Thanks for your help! Ron
  6. rstier

Actually, I did a little more probing and might have found the fix. I unscrewed a metal cover on top of the control valve and removed what I believe was the injector and screen. They were dirty with sediment build up, so I cleaned them out. I initiated a manual recharge and the tube in the...
  7. rstier

Hi, I just purchased a house with a Culligan Mark 812 Water Conditioner. The conditoner was put in about 13 years ago. It doesn't seem to be doing much to condition the water as soap doesn't lather good and there is a strong iron smell to the water. Also, spots on the glasses, etc. I...
  8. rstier

Sulfur/Manganese and well disinfecting ?

Thanks Gary, I'll give it a shot. Would the next step if this doesn't work be the Sulphur remover system added before the water conditioner?
  9. rstier

Great info Gary, thanks!....I should have mentioned that I did sanitize the brine tank of the water conditioner about 2 weeks ago and that did not help remedy the egg odor. I basically removed all the remaining salt and used a bleach/water combo to scrub it. What else would you suggest...
  10. rstier

Hi, I have a 275' deep drilled well and we are experiencing the "rotten egg" smell. We have a Culligan Water Conditioner for the hard water and a Reverse Osmosis system for clean tap water. That being said, odor is the only issue right now. We are currently on a tight budget, so before...
  11. rstier

Beacon Mixer Valve-Where to buy?

Does anybody know where I could purchase a Beacon Mixer Valve? I found the company's website and they are located in Massachusetts where I live but it appears they no longer exist at that location. All the phone lines are disconnected with no forwarding #. I have a 3/4" Beacon 69 Mixer on my...
  12. rstier

Water has egg smell

Thanks for the advice on the Iron Curtain systems. It looks like the Iron Curtain 2.0 is the newest model. They didn't look too compact but maybe compared to other manufacturers they are. Any idea on the price range? Here is a link to the Iron Curtain site...
  13. rstier

Water has egg smell

The smell is worse on the cold water side. We also don't have a separate water heater as it is a tankless furnace.
  14. rstier

Water has egg smell

Thanks for the advice, it's much appreciated! :)
  15. rstier

Water has egg smell

One more question.... Thanks to both for the replies. In regards to the HTC, that is just the powdered chlorine for pools correct? After flushing for a bit 24 hrs later, would there be any ill effects to the drinking water having that level of chlorine in it? I know public supplies use it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks