Recent content by rsiros

1. R

Basement bathroom location and waste lines

I'm now looking at possibly tying to a horizontal section before the clean out. I sure don't want to do this project more than once. Thanks for your input.
  2. R

Crap. Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to have to re-think this tie in location. Out of curiosity, what would be the risks in using it as is?
  3. R

Thank you, but I'm not quite understanding. When I look down the cleanout, it drops straight down 3-4 feet. At the bottom, it ties into the horizontal waste line that runs to the street. The tee at the bottom of the cleanout does not have any directional curves... I was calling it a "regular...
  4. R

One more question about tying into that vertical cleanout... I was going to dig out around the cleanout and figure out my spacing and slope for the 3 other lines and then find the best point to cut in and start building off the cleanout. I was going to transition with a no hub coupling and then...
  5. R

After looking those fittings up, I don't believe it's either. I think it's just a regular tee. It looks as though both of those that you listed would not allow one to see water flowing.
  6. R

I'm not sure, but when you look down the clean-out you can see water flowing past. The clean-out is at the end of the line. What other types of fitting could that be, and why couldn't it be used?
  7. R

Thank you for the information... the diagrams are very helpful. My layout will be very similar to the "3/4 bathroom" diagram. So I'll be able to set it up that way and use an AAV on the red dry vent part extending up from the lav?
  8. R

Thank you for the information. So, if I tied into the vertical clean-out with my new horizontal waste lines, where in the line should i put the AAV? Would one AAV serve to vent the 3 new lines?
  9. R

I'm looking to install a basic basement shower, toilet, and sink in what used to be a coal cellar. It's a block 8'x9' room off of the main basement at the front of the house. Ceiling is 6'8". It's under a poured slab front porch (ceiling of coal cellar is bottom of slab, so the whole room is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks