Recent content by rrraven

1. rrraven

What's in the "clouds" emitting from gas boiler power vent?

Gordon, now you have me worried. Our new boiler also leaks onto the boiler room floor, and I am pretty sure it is dihydrogen oxide! Now I am concerned for our mice! ;)
  2. rrraven

Thanks Dana, for that terrific explanation. Very helpful! I am still trying to get the manual, which I presume should have "come with" the boiler. The contractor I hired was very knowledgeable, but I guess I shouldn't have been surprised that it was not him but his "guys" that actually did...
  3. rrraven

Last week during the cold snap (of course!) our ancient boiler died, and after a week in a freezing house I got it replaced with a gas Lochinvar Cadet boiler. Our previous chimney venting was replaced with power-venting through the wall for this high efficiency boiler. The contractor I chose...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks