Recent content by RPN

1. RPN

Ox-Box, F1807, ProPex, and Sharkbite Crimper and Rings

Thank you so much for the quick reply. Should I use the normal ProPex copper stubs for the solder connection? ETA: Or, just use a ProPex female sweat and cut a stub from some type L. That would be $2.75 each vs around $10 for ProPex stubs.
  2. RPN

Ox-Box, F1807, ProPex, and Sharkbite Crimper and Rings

I am getting close to doing this re-plumbing job that has been on my list for a couple of years now. A few rolls of AquaPex and a bunch of fittings should be here today. I have the Milwaukee ProPex tool on order. Let's talk washing machine boxes. I have seen the Sioux Chief Ox-Box...
  3. RPN

Supply Ran Through Foundation - Freeze Issue?

I will double check the height tomorrow. The angle of the picture may be making it look a bit short. Is smurf tube pretty easy to pull through if I decide to replace the pex with a longer piece after the concrete is down?
  4. RPN

It is a residence. That is an 8" wide foundation and will have a 6" wall on it flush with the outside. The pex in picture is in smurf tube and that may help a little. That pex is for a lav and daisy-chains to a shower half-wall a few feet away. Do you think it would be better to pull out the...
  5. RPN

It would be difficult to insulate behind it in the foundation without chipping out another 1/2". I guess that would be an option if I came up with a chipping hammer some where. Or, I could probably grind it out. It may be a non-issue. I always over think and worry too much. Here are a...
  6. RPN

The plumber completed the rough-in for the new bathroom yesterday. One thing I noticed - he used a chipping hammer to carve a notch out of the foundation so that the lav DWV and supply can be in the wall. At one point, there is maybe 3" of concrete between the smurf tube containing the pex and...
  7. RPN

Odd trap / drain depth question.

If it has to be 25' from the house, there is no place to move it and still have room for the field. Exit the back door, take two strides, and you are standing on the tank. Take six more strides and you will fall straight down about 10'. It isn't straight down after that, but it is very steep...
  8. RPN

Terry, I understand completely. Thank you so much for the forum. For the morbidly curious, here is what we are doing with the tank and foundation situation. I am not asking for advice about it. I am merely including the drawings in hopes that my earlier remarks might be made more clear.
  9. RPN

Hello, Terry. Yes, there will be approximately 24" beween the solids-side access port and the concrete floor above it. Not a fun job, but I could do it pretty easy. If it needs pumped, we will probably uncover the entire tank just to make access easier. I truly wish the tank could be moved...
  10. RPN

Sure it does - unless you are saying that plumbing code is on a higher pedestal than any other law. How so? But you said "This particular discussion has NOTHING at all to do with speeding or seat belt laws or any other law for that matter." I absolutely believe you would. And you would...
  11. RPN

What did I ask for advice on that was illegal? Edited to add: "Our forum"? Are you a moderator or the site owner?
  12. RPN

Hello wj, welcome to the party. :D I do not believe plausible is the correct word regarding the risk that was mentioned. Do you really believe that it is plausible that my family will be killed by H2S because the house is too close to the septic tank? I almost laughed out loud, but it...
  13. RPN

The only way to relocate the septic tank would be to move it 100 yards and then it would be higher than the house and require a lift pump. Yep, it will cost too much. Have you read my posts in this thread? We have already relocated the position of the drain and this particular thread is now...
  14. RPN

Thank you for your rational response. 1. I am familiar with H2S (sewer gas). Yes, it is very toxic (and flammable). I would never consider a traditional wooden joist crawlspace floor over a septic tank port. However, I am quite comfortable with with several inches of concrete between living...
  15. RPN

TS, this caught my eye. Read my posts and read your posts. Then tell me who is getting "pissy".
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks