Recent content by Romumok

1. Romumok

AFCI Questions

There were no arc. After thinking about it, I should have said fault to ground. I guess I was going with what the info found in the box.
  2. Romumok

AFCI Questions

Thanks for the advice. So, I should have my multimeter with me all the time. and the probe as a last resort.
  3. Romumok

AFCI Questions

Update Just to update regarding AFCI breakers. My Electrician finished rewire my house. So far the AFCI breakers is not giving me any problems in the temporary location of the clothes washer. So, I am set until the new laundry room gets build. On the side note, yesterday I had a first...
  4. Romumok

AFCI Questions

chad, Thanks for sharing your experience with AFCI breakers. I will remember your post if there any issues.
  5. Romumok

AFCI Questions

Thank you all for your advice. Just to clarify a bit, I don't have a dryer only a washer. Yep, the house never had a gas or electrical connection for a dryer since I bought it a 6 years ago. I either dry my clothes the old fashion way with the clothe line in the back yard or go to my parents...
  6. Romumok

AFCI Questions

I hope that you had a good Christmas with your love ones.... My house will be rewire after new year with provision for additional circuits. I understand that every living spaces now requires AFCI breakers (excluding kitchen and bathroom). Right now my washer and gas dryer is located in a...
  7. Romumok

House sub-panel replacement questions.

JWelectric, Thank you for your advice. I appreciate your patience. I think I still need a small section of rigid conduit from the main service; run it down with a LB box to protect the conductors before reaching the crawl space.
  8. Romumok

Update: The total load of the subpanel is 35A based on the excel worksheet that is found at Mike Holts website. I also did the whole house and my current service panel of 100A has plenty capacity (total of 73A). In any case based on your inputs a 6AWG conductors plus a 40A breaker should...
  9. Romumok

Thanks, for the clarification. For sure I appreciate your recommendation to call a pro if its gets too much to handle (at least I know when to raise the white flag). If I decided to to have someone else handle it, at least is a good intellectual workout for me. At this point I am willing to run...
  10. Romumok

Thank you all for your insight. I have still a lot to learn. The conductor will not be passed through insulation. The craw space is not insulated. We have mild weather here, but it doesn’t hurt to add insulation later. It seems that I am over reaching about the size of the breaker. Right...
  11. Romumok

Hello all. I got some questions regarding sub-panel replacement but first a background. Sorry if is a bit long. House build in 1947, mixed of old wiring (no ground, cloth type insulation) with some romex and THNN wires. Original service panel is from Federal Pacific. Sometime in 1980’s...
  12. Romumok

T0T0 Drake toilet product review

Interesting observation Hello All. I am newby here. I just got installed a Drake Elongated ADA toilet to replace an OK Eljer Patriot 1.6 gpf per Terry’s recommendations. The Eljer was able to handles all my needs but I got tired of wasting extra water in a second flush to completely clean...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks