Recent content by rolls831

1. rolls831

Leak

I recently asked a question about a Toto install with a leak. Jamies instructions were very helpful but, I'm slightly confused. In Jamies instructions 8, 9, 10 it says to put tank on bowl then put on rubber washers then drop bolts through holes and tighten. No mention of putting nuts on then...
  2. rolls831

Need Help On Leak.

Leak Thank you for the reply and the detailed instructions. I'm slightly confused. On two different instructions it shows a nut tightened to bolt directly under tank. The other shows the bolt going from tank to bowl then washer and nut. There were two washers and two nuts supplied with the...
  3. rolls831

Need Help On Leak.

I've installed a Toto CST743S, and I have a leak in the bolt that holds the tank to the body. Facing the unit, it's the left side, water supply side. At first I thought I tightened the nut to tight. So I removed everything, used a little plumbers putty and re-tightened just snug to hold firmly...
  4. rolls831

Walk-in Shower

walk in shower If you want a shower pan that won't leak and can be tiled the same day you install it. Go to Tileredi.com. It has a 6" threshold. They supply the special thinset for the tile in the pan, it's called Latapoxy-300 Epoxy Adhesive. I'll be installing one that is 33x60. LOL.
  5. rolls831

Toto Cst743s

rolls831 just got back from plumbing store where there was a ToTo CST743s on display. I got permission to push the unit against the wall till the base touched. The tank had about 3/4" to the wall. I then measured from wall to center of bolt holes, 10 5/8". So I'm thinking I can install the...
  6. rolls831

Toto Cst743s

rolls831 Thanks, I'm going to find a ToTo at the plumbing store and set it against the wall and get an exact measurement. I hope there is wiggle room.
  7. rolls831

Toto Cst743s

I read Jamie Love's post on installing Drake CST744s. There is also a footprint of the base and the measurements. From the back to the center of the holes was 10 5/8". If this is accurate, I should be able to install the ToTo CST743s. Maybe Jamie could post a reply.
  8. rolls831

Toto Cst743s

First, thanks for all the good information. I read about the dilemma of the fellow with 107/8" rough in. The center of my drain from wall is 11" not counting tile that will be installed. I did not see where he was successful. I want to install TOTO743s, and was wondering if this is going to fit...
  9. rolls831

Shower Valves

Hi, new DIY. Would like some info about shower valves. I've torn out a fiberglass tub/shower and changing to walk in shower. I'm going to change from two handle control to a one handle control. There are a lot of brands and styles to choose from. I need some help in making a choice. The new...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks