Recent content by RogerPDX

1. RogerPDX

Jet Pump Problem -

Reach4 - I forgot to ask, would the bladder tank have water in it, as it stands, if it had not been pressurized correctly prior to hooking it up to the pump? If it does have water in it, how do you get the water out of it (zero water pressure) so the repairman can pressurize the tank?
  2. RogerPDX

Jet Pump Problem -

Ok. Thanks. I'll tell my friend. Hope he can find someone around here that understands how to pressurize the tank!
  3. RogerPDX

Jet Pump Problem -

So is the jet pump, pumping directly out of the well and by passing the pressure tank altogether? How much pressure should be in that pressure tank?
  4. RogerPDX

Jet Pump Problem -

I'm at a friends house in Mexico for a while. They have a pressure tank with an AquaPak Pet PET13 / 1127 Jet Pump 1.3 hp bolted to the top of the pressure tank. There is an Evans AB-TMSP Compact Pressure Switch attached to the jet pump. The jet pump sucks water up from a 60' hole in the ground...
  5. RogerPDX

Do charcoal filters remove chlorine or just the "smell" of the chlorine?

I would like to put a whole house charcoal filter on my house, to save the brass to PEX connectors from eventual ruin from chlorine that is in the water. Do you know if these filters actually remove the chlorine, or do they just remove the smell of the chlorine from the water?
  6. RogerPDX

Grounding Rod Requirements - Washington State?

I have a new ground wire from my panel to the outside that needs a grounding rod. I went to Home Depot to buy one and noticed that they come in a variety of diameters and lengths. What diameter & length should I use (legally) for a 200 amp service? I saw: 1/2" 5/8" 3/4" 8' length 10' length...
  7. RogerPDX

Wirsbo ProPex Expander Tool & Pex-A - Question

The Uponor rings fit the Rehau just like it was ProPex pex-A, yes. I have not used the expander with it yet, but I am guessing that it will expand too.
  8. RogerPDX

I haven't use the Rehau yet, but since it's Pex-A, I am hoping that it "expands" just like the Uponor Pex-A... and that the Uponor plastic rings hold it the same.
  9. RogerPDX

Thanks to all that helped with comments
  10. RogerPDX

Rehau Raupex is pex-A, so I'm good.
  11. RogerPDX

Can I use Rehau Raupex tubing with the Uponor Expander Tool and Band? I bought all Uponor blue & red 1/2, but need a 6" section of 3/4" Blue. A Plumber gave me a scrap of Rehau Raupex tubing and said "it's all the same". What do you think?
  12. RogerPDX

I didn't find a chart on that page (link) you sent.
  13. RogerPDX

1.) Once the Uponor band is shrunk and tight, is it ok to twist an "L" into place it it's a bit out of angle? Also,, I have some copper / brass connections that I want to leave, but the brass is not the Uponor design. I 'had' PEX-B clamped to those fittings with RTI's airplane hose clamps like...
  14. RogerPDX

I'm using the plastic propex fittings. Is it ok to heat them?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks