Recent content by Rod

1. Rod

Licensed Plumber Needed: Spring Lake, NC Area

I am in need of a licensed plumber in the Spring Lake, NC area who has experience attaching thermal expansion tanks to water heaters. I know I can search this online. But, I am hoping for a good reference from someone who has dealt with such a plumber. If you are a licensed plumber with...
  2. Rod

Water Heater Cold Water Inlet "Overflow"

I want to thank everyone for their advice. I spoke in-debth with MACPLUMB 777 about the need for attaching a thermal expansion tank. Again, thank you kindly for your time and advice. -Rod
  3. Rod

All of the photos are of the same WH- in the garage. It is the only WH I have. What's an accurate method to measure it? I thought it would be plainly written on the CPVC pipe. Also, are you able to answer these? - The water heater is in my garage. Could I have "overwraped" an already...
  4. Rod

This is also on the CPVC discharge tube: FlowGuard Gold D2846
  5. Rod

The WH is in my garage. The garage walls are finished. Thank you. -Rod
  6. Rod

Thank you for your input. I have a book on-hand- Taunton's For Pros By Pros seires, "Inspecting A House", by Rex Cauldwell. It states on pg 158- I looked at the discharge tube pipe. It reads, "CPVC 4120", "100 PSI at 180F". There is no pan. I don't know yet if NC code requires one...
  7. Rod

I guess I should really look into North Carolina's plumbing code, heh?
  8. Rod

Trying to educate myself here: http://www.co.union.nc.us/Portals/0/PublicWorks/Documents/WaterPressure/Thermal%20Expansion.pdf Is my assumption correct in that it is a necessity to have a thermal expansion tank in conjunction with the T&P Relief valve since the expansion tank is designed...
  9. Rod

Thank you. I guess I'm confused as to why I would need a relief valve for thermal expansion on the cold water inlet if that's what the T&P Relief Valve is for... if I correctly understand the function of the T&P Reief Valve. The temperature this past week has ranged from high 20s to high...
  10. Rod

Hummm... what other purpose could it serve?
  11. Rod

I turned off the cold water inlet (if that's what you meant) and nothing happened. The tube definitely expells water when hot water is used. It seems like about an inch or so a day in my bucket. I hate the thought of wasting that water. That can add up over time.
  12. Rod

BTW, if it is for an expansion tank shouldn't the plumber have 'capped off' the valve since there is no tank?
  13. Rod

If that's it then my valve is upside down, huh?:D
  14. Rod

BTW, I did run my shower HOT to see if any water would drain from the PVC and into the bucket once cold water came in to replace the outgoing hot. Nothing happend while the shower was running. Nor did anything happen within 5 minutes of shutting the shower off. But when I checked it about...
  15. Rod

I never paid much attention to it before. But upon closer examination I thought it was odd too. Especially since I was thinking it was an overflow. But then I thought, "Why would there be an overflow on the cold water inlet?". But of course, I'm not up on water heaters so I brought my...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks