Recent content by rockman

1. rockman

water softener advice

OK, good that's settled. No drain issues to deal with. I do have a small leak when doing a backwash. I coated the o-ring with some light Teflon grease on the 90 degree elbow at the valve. That helped but it's still a small dribble which seems to be coming out of the gray clip and not from...
  2. rockman

water softener advice

Thanks for the tips. I'll double-check the air gaps and grounding. As for the plumbing connector I used this Fleck 90 degree elbow to give me more flexibility in mounting and get it closer to the wall. http://www.ohiopurewater.com/shop/customer/product.php?productid=22702&cat=462&page=1...
  3. rockman

water softener advice

Installation went fine. Seems to be functioning according as planned. I'm glad I didn't go the big box store option. Thanks again for all the help!
  4. rockman

water softener advice

Simple thread with simple questions for someone with the knowledge base. Just curious Gary because I did use your website for info (thanks for the beta) but this thread was several days old before you arrived on scene to bash the only person who bothered to take the time to reply. You...
  5. rockman

water softener advice

Everything I have is 1". I got it from Ohio Pure Water Supply but didn't see anything about a 32mm manifold but I added these 90 degree elbows for the back of the 7000 control valve to help get the tank closer to the wall...
  6. rockman

water softener advice

Thanks for the help dittohead! I pulled the trigger on the Fleck7000 with a Chlorine resistant 10% Crosslink Resin. The chlorine is 0.27 ppm but varies and can be greater range from 0.5 to 1.0 depending on how the city is blending the water from different sources. I'll report back after...
  7. rockman

water softener advice

Yes, I was referring to the cabinet style that are what is solely offered by the big box stores but when I also checked out what the local plumbing supply place carries and it was a cabinet style Eliminator for $1200 http://www.eliminatorpro.com/ That's more than I want to spend but made me...
  8. rockman

water softener advice

Thanks for the reply. That makes sense on regeneration when the resin is exhausted. It looks like the on-line options with a Fleck valve are all dual tank systems. I may have to find something stacked or cabinet style to fit my space requirements. Any difference in efficiency between the two...
  9. rockman

water softener advice

I've been doing more research and leaning toward buying a system that's a little oversized for our needs atm. Re-doing the math: Daily usage at ~200 gallons. 200 gallons per day x 10 gpg hardness x 14 day regen = 28,000 grains. Is a 14 day regen too long? Should it be more frequent...
  10. rockman

water softener advice

Hi, Newb here. I've been lurking and searching and trying to educate myself and am still a bit overwhelmed so I thought I would post. I'm building a new house for my family of 4: two adults and two kids. 3,100 sq ft with 3 bathrooms. It will have in-floor heat using a Polaris on an open...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks