Recent content by rockjet

1. rockjet

how hard to remove pop-up drain?

hi...i know it's easy but i had SILICONED the top drain flange (silicone instead of putty because it's cultured marble)....is this gonna be a chore?...i guess it's a matter of pushing as hard as i can from beneath? thanx......mike
  2. rockjet

OK to remove "backflow preventer"?

hi...i have a Hansgrohe Monsoon handheld shower. i'd like to remove the "back-flow" preventer because i believe it cuts down the water flow. if i'm not mistaken there is also a flow limiter on this model too! can i remove both? or just the flow limiter ? i believe the back-flow...
  3. rockjet

oops. forgot to seal grout!

hi..it's been a few weeks and i completely forgot to seal the grout. i have 4 x 4 ceramic tiles so i believe the tiles dont have to be sealed but i didnt seal the grout yet. obviously i have used the shower many times already. at this point can u please recommend a sealer and...
  4. rockjet

heavy rain= toilet overflow

hi...we have a 1/2 bath in the basement that back up when only when there is a "monsoon". but because i'm paranoid, i put a "check-valve" down in the trap when i hear the report of heavy rainfall. basicall the valve is screwed into the trap in place of the cap and it has a stem that u...
  5. rockjet

just caulked, how long do i wait?

hi...just installed the new shower dorors. used the GE silicone clear II. how long before i can use shower? trivial question, but dying to jump in! thanx .....mike
  6. rockjet

What to use to adhere shower door track?

hi......i was going to use GE silicone II "clear" BATH & KITCHEN caulk to adhere the bypass shower door track to the tub. is this the best stuff to use? does this actually BOND the track to the tub? or is another product better? thanx.............mike
  7. rockjet

Toto fill valve leaking?

hi..i just installed a Toto Ultramax toilet. it works fine but i notice that some water drips out from under the cap on the fill valve assembly when the tank is refilling. other than that it works fine but is this normal? thanx!..............mike
  8. rockjet

drain flange--drip,drip,drip

hi..just installed new moen bath faucet in brand new vanity top. i put putty under drain flange, tightened down gasket ring/washer setup down below and STILL i get slight leak from the flange in sink! ok, then i realize the sink manufacturer doesnt advise to use putty because it might...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks