Recent content by RobWilson

1. R

Vent Pipe on Outside of Exterior Wall

Yes as I have looked more into the IPC it looks like that this is acceptable however the 97.5% design temperature where I live is -1 degrees F. Since that is below 0 degrees F I need to use a minimum of a 3" vent when it is outside the house. PLUS I need to use heat or insulation to prevent...
  2. R

Wet Venting to Main Stack

Thanks for your response :) see my answer to Reach4 below
  3. R

Yes that p-trap goes directly into the main stack to the septic tank. That clean out you see at the bottom is the straight line clean out to the septic tank. Those pipes are a drain pipes for: 1). Water softener 2). Heat pump water heater condensation drain 3). Air sourced heat pump 1...
  4. R

Yeah using a Saniflo was what I was thinking to pump up from the basement bathroom into the main stack. I am definitely not interested in digging up the slab haha.
  5. R

Nice drawing, that's very helpful :) The new bathroom is in the basement (should have said that) but either way the key here is that I definitely do need a dry vent from the roof for any bathroom. There is this video on the Saniflow website (at minute 5:30) where they make it sound like you...
  6. R

I think I'll take that advice. I don't see any harm in going 2" over 1.5". I'd rather over build then under build and have to do it again, that's for sure!
  7. R

Thanks! I think this is probably the best bet instead of doing some shady "wet venting".
  8. R

Thank you for your reply! You have identified the crooks of my problem. Basically I don't have a dry vent so what I'm calling a "wet vent" is a drain connection with a pipe that goes upwards off the main stack before going back down to the up flush toilet/up flush sink/tub vent. I drew a picture...
  9. R

Thank you for your response! The only thing that I have seen anyone online say is that it has the potential to frost up inside the pipe and block the flow. This seems pretty unlikely to me but I'm thinking I might upsize the diameter to like 2". I have a radon vent pipe (two actually, one for a...
  10. R

Hi all! I am planning on installing a bathroom in my basement, I live in Maine (IPC code, I think). I have easy access to the main stack to the septic system but venting the drains (and up flush toilet) is going to be difficult. After hours of research I am totally lost on when wet venting is...
  11. R

Hi all! I am planning on installing a bathroom in my basement, I live in Maine (IPC code, I think). I have easy access to the main stack to the septic system but venting the drains (one vent for a up flush toilet, one vent for a up flush sink, one vent for a large bathtub) is going to be...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks