Recent content by Robinasu

1. Robinasu

Most Reliable RPP Backflow Model?

Based on the parts diagrams I like the Wilkins 975xl2. Any suggestions?
  2. Robinasu

Good point. Firdt, I would also ask how effective the units really are and is the total economic cost reasonable, or in the region of diminishing returns.
  3. Robinasu

I'm with you brother, but the great nanny state of San Francisco requires them.
  4. Robinasu

What's your go to RPP Backflow unit?
  5. Robinasu

Entrada v Drake II

Wow, they changed up the test conditions. Hopefully there is an * next to the MAP listings to denote the difference or there would be a lot of confusion? Is a one piece really that big of a deal, or just "premium/luxury" & "easier to clean?" Thanks for the info, Mr. T.
  6. Robinasu

Entrada v Drake II

Ok, seems it's more of a style difference between the two models. I'll make sure to take a look in the showroom, first, and make a value judgement. Thanks!
  7. Robinasu

Entrada v Drake II

I don't really understand the product positioning between the Entrada and Drake II, or the magnitude of the differences I just don't see. What is the advantage of the Drake II over the Entrada? Both tanks are similar. Flushing power is a little better with the Entrada, by a hair. I guess the...
  8. Robinasu

Pulsed Power Water Treatment - Does It Work?

Thanks Thanks for the advice. I think you are right about the feed water. San Francisco averages around 60 and ranges from 8 to 140, so I can see what you mean about the fluctuations.
  9. Robinasu

Boiler System Cleaning Agents - Which One?

Agreed. I've scoured the system and I can't find any. They may have been fixed when the boiler and near boiler piping was completely replaced. When I checked the water last weekend, it was still clear, although there was some what I believe is iron oxide sand and old boiler heat exchanger...
  10. Robinasu

Thermostatic Temp Control of Water Recirculation

I do have a dedicated return line. The hot from the DHW tank splits into 4 parallel circuits, then merges to a single 3/4 return. There are not check valves or balance valves in the 4 branches, so that is bad. Plus, the whole setup is completely over-pumped and acts as a building radiator. I...
  11. Robinasu

Water Hammer After Powers MM430 Tempering Valve Install

I've had some more time to examine the mixing system. It does indeed seem to be water hammer on the cold line, which is induced by fast closing of sink or other fixtures that utilize the hot water line. The water hammer in the cold line occurs right near the boiler room, which is on the roof...
  12. Robinasu

What is the best value 80-100 gallon tank for storage/buffering?

I don't need a stainless tank and don't want to break the bank. The American Water Heater SE62-119R-045S looks ok: http://www.americanwaterheater.com/products/pdf/lsst10.pdf I was originally thinking I did not want a heat exchanger, although I'm thinking it's not a big deal to add an...
  13. Robinasu

Thermostatic Temp Control of Water Recirculation

Does anyone know of US available parts like this temperature controlled valve for water recirculation? I have a 4 branch DHW recirculation system that was never setup with balancing valves. I'd like to find an automatic setup the control the branch temperatures. Are there any good US...
  14. Robinasu

Boiler System Cleaning Agents - Which One?

Background: Our condo building hydronic heating system was essentially neglected for 10 years before I came around. About a year ago our Ergomax reverse indirect and cast iron boiler were replaced as they were in pretty bad shape. Our 5 wall radiators never worked well and the contractors...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks