Recent content by robertpatterson

1. R

ABS in Highrise buildings

Thanks for all your help! Wondering if Code says that all areas above a certain floor you cannot install abs piping or if it allows for a few pipes. Say there are two pipes every 20 feet.
  2. R

ABS in Highrise buildings

I live in a condo with 15 floors and built in the 1970's. The drain piping from the roof that goes through the interior walls needs to be updated. Can it be changed from Cast Iron to ABS. The uniform building code says at you cannot use ABS in buildings more than 4 stories in Zone 1. What does...
  3. R

Pump starter turns off after 9 seconds

The control box is a foot off the ground. The water is stored in a tank. Where is a pressure switch? On the pump or on the controls. As you see, I am lost. Can I just replace the capacitor and starting relay? I'll post a picture. Thanks again
  4. R

Pump starter turns off after 9 seconds

My well pump shuts off after 9 seconds. Water comes through and then it turns off. I turn it back on, it does the same thing. The timing is always the same. After several attempts of me turning the power on/off, it kicks on and fills up the tank. Sometimes, the pump works the first time. Is...
  5. R

Well Tank Casing Repair - Hole

I cook with it, but I don't have to. Make Tea & Coffee, but don't drink it plain. I water the fruit trees and plants with it also.
  6. R

The tank got drained- Gardner left some sprinkers open. So now would be the time to fix the holes. The wood pegs worked! Thanks. But now the bottom of the tank is leaking. One small area. How would I fix this? Someone was going to line it with the same material that seals pipes but he was told...
  7. R

Thanks, will try the wood pegs today. I stuck magnets on the holes- some work and some have drizzles. I am looking for a temp solution until the summer when I have to water lots and then can empty the tank and reseal it. Any tips on resealing it? It is a 10,000 gal tank. Use it for the house...
  8. R

It is a residental storage tank with a pressure pump next to it. The holes range from pin to pea size.
  9. R

Bathtub not draining - & waterbugs coming up

Just the tub is not draining. Everything else is fine. It is a 1950's house on slab. Close to the water so lots of moisture in the air.
  10. R

Bathtub not draining - & waterbugs coming up

The bathtub is not draining and some water bugs are coming up it. Is there a leak somewhere? How are they getting in? Thanks.
  11. R

I have a hole in my Residential Well Tank Casing. How do I fix it? Or do I need a new tank? Any recommendations would be a great help. I believe it is a steel 10000 gal tank. Thanks.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks