Recent content by Robert444

1. Robert444

Greasing AGA Range Valves

Here is what one of the AGA valves looks like after lapping it:
  2. Robert444

Greasing AGA Range Valves

I'm not sure where to post this question. If this isn't the correct forum I apologize. I am in the process of fixing up a Chambers 90C kitchen range. I'm cleaning the decades of greasy gunk from under the top, etc., and then I'll set it up for propane. I'll also install an oven safety system...
  3. Robert444

Lennox Heat Exchanger AC unit keeps blowing the capacitor.

Thanks Runs with Bison. Since I posted this I asked a buddy of mine who is an E.E. and also a pretty good electrician. Here's what he had to say: - the capacitor is the wrong size - the voltage is not correct (especially if it's too high, but could also be if it's too low) - it's taking too...
  4. Robert444

The lennox unit is an HP29-024-1P. I believe he was charged around $90 and he's had to have this capacitor replaced 3 times in the last 2 years. I've replaced capacitors on 3/4 - 2 h.p. woodworking motors before and it was pretty easy.
  5. Robert444

My brother's lennox heat exchanger AC unit keeps blowing the capacitor on the pump motor. Is this because in the hot weather the unit cycles on and off too frequently and that puts too frequent a load on the capacitor? I'm not sure of the size of the unit but it's a single phase, 208/230...
  6. Robert444

Hi Chatterk. I've been reading your Thread on your water problems. I'm in Missouri also, but...

Hi Chatterk. I've been reading your Thread on your water problems. I'm in Missouri also, but in S.W. Missouri, near Monett, where the water is very, very clear. My Aunt used to live in Nevada, Mo., and the city water there stunk to high-heaven with the sulpher smell. I eventually got used to...
  7. Robert444

Pitless adapters in NC?

How does a pitless adaptor keep the pipe from freezing?
  8. Robert444

Blue stain in tub. Not acid water. Electrolysis?

Cavitation erosion will also make holes in copper water pipes over time. How fast the holes appear depends on the amount and speed of water running through the pipes. EVERYTHING wears out over time, even copper pipes.
  9. Robert444

Deep well left open for 10 years!!!

I've dug a fair amount of corner post holes over the years, and just letting them sit overnight I've found everything from mice, to moles to cats in them. I always rescue the critters and turn them loose, but in my experience if it CAN fall down a hole, it WILL.
  10. Robert444

**Please Help First Time Home Buyer!**

40 below celsius is almost exactly 40 below Farenheit. That's COLD! I grew up in a house in which the basement was dry. My brother and I played in it in the summer. In the early 1970's the basement began to accumulate 4-6 inches of water. No leaks in the plumbing, and no drain-back from...
  11. Robert444

Well Physics

Would the dynamic water level be the water level attained when the system has been pumping for a few minutes? As opposed to the water level when the pump is shut down?
  12. Robert444

shared well pressure

I'm not an expert, but if your water pressure and volume is OK, how can a new pump improve your neighbor's situation? How old is the existing pump?
  13. Robert444

New well just hit water today! Pump help?

Valveman, I just took a look at some Grundfos pumps on that site, and I've got a question. The pumps are listed with different numbers of stages--6 stage,9 stage, 21 stage etc. etc. What are the stages?
  14. Robert444

Grundfos Pumps

I don't understand why a cycle stop valve works. I have some small knowledge of motors, and have rebuilt a few 1/2 to 2 H.P. 110/220VAC single phase woodworking motors. But I don't understand how restricting the outflow of a pump will make the pump motor work easier. Anyone care to help me...
  15. Robert444

Grundfos Pumps

Thanks Sammy, Valveman, Bob for your posts. I'm slowly learning the things I need to know.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks