Recent content by Robert11

1. R

"Water Hammer" When Turning Faucet ON ?

From OP Re Water Hammer On Kitchen Faucet Hi all, Thanks everyone for help and suggetions. I did put in a new Diverter valve. No real improvement; perhaps a bit better, and less frequent, but still happens. Old Diverter valve was really banged up. So, problem still exists. That's...
  2. R

To hj, et al: From OP On My "Water Hammer" Post Hi, Thanks for help; really appreciate it. Your suggestion to replace the sprayer head is very intereting. I have just turned it on and off using its "trigger" on the handle, and yes I can hear the Diverter valve opening and closing...
  3. R

Hello, Have the typical Delta single-handle faucet for the kitchen sink. At least 10 yrs old. Has the single good size ball type of valve inside the handle. Whenever we turn it ON, the hot or cold, there is a big "bang" in the pipes. Noise seems to truly originate in the faucet, but...
  4. R

New Pressure Reducer (Watts) Has Developed White Surface Coating ?

From OP Hi Guys, Thanks for help and thoughts. Live outside of Boston "Could it leak occassionally and by the time you see it the valve body is dry?" Don't think so. "Have you asked the municipality about the situation? " Will be doing so. Bob
  5. R

New Pressure Reducer (Watts) Has Developed White Surface Coating ?

Hello, This is a really weird one. Had a house inlet supply pressure reducing water valve put in by the town water Dept about a month ago. They used the typical Watts one, and all is fine. Body looks like it is a brass alloy of some sort, like they all do. Today, I noticed the...
  6. R

Type M Cu For Hot/Cold Water Lines Question

Hello, Live in a 35 year old house outside of Boston. Had a leak in a Copper water pipe that the plumber finally found. Unfortunately, I forgot to ask him if it was in a hot or cold line, as this might, perhaps, be meaningful ? Anyway, what surprised me was that it was pinhole leak...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks