Recent content by Rmundo

1. Rmundo

Is this duct necessary?

Thank you Dana. I wish the builder of this house 26 years ago put that kind of though into the duct work design. From what I can tell there are no type of deflectors inside the rectangle return trunk or anywhere for that matter. So if the 26” extension beyond the drop to the air handler on the...
  2. Rmundo

Is this duct necessary?

I am in the process of finishing my basement and have part of the cold air trunk that extends beyond the drop to the air handler by about 26” (see pic). The closest return connected to it is about 6 feet to the right of the drop. It hangs down lower than the supply trunk that runs the length of...
  3. Rmundo

1/2" copper tee

Great! Thank you Terry for the quick reply.
  4. Rmundo

1/2" copper tee

I have an outdoor hose bib on the front of my house that is fed by a 1/2" copper line. I want to add a bib on the back of the house exactly opposite that one. Is it legal to tee off that existing 1/2" to feed the new one? Thanks in advance for your help. Ray
  5. Rmundo

Is there a flange for this?

Thanks Terry. I did not know if it would affect anything by cutting that collar shorter, or if there was a different flange for this situation. But if that is how a 38 year veteran plumber would do it, so will I!
  6. Rmundo

Thanks for your help gentleman. I have attached a picture of what I have. The flange that I have doesn't appear to be tapered in any way as Terry suggested. The issue I am having is that if I put the flange over the stub out, it hits the elbow hub before resting on the finished floor. It would...
  7. Rmundo

I am tiling my bathroom floor and wanted to see how the flange would sit and notch for the screws. The plumber left a 3" diameter riser sticking out of the floor, not yet glued, which comes out of the toilet bend. The flange I bought if placed over the 3" pipe bottoms out on the bend before...
  8. Rmundo

Hole in sub floor too big?

Thanks for the quick response. I double checked the plumbers install and i have 12" to the back wall and 16" to the shower threshold on one side and 18" to the vanity on the other. The reason for the 1/2"CBU is because I had enough left from the shower walls to complete the 50 sq/ft floor. I...
  9. Rmundo

Hole in sub floor too big?

I am the middle of a bath renovation and getting ready to start tiling. I had a plumber complete the rough plumbing for the new shower, relocate the sink drains and remove the old toilet flange so a new on can be placed on top of the finished floor. I don't know what I measured when I cut the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks