Recent content by Rman

1. Rman

Black water after pump replaced

I’ve only found disposable BB cartridges At a cost of $11 each it’s getting expensive If you could let me know where you got the reusable cartridges Thanks
  2. Rman

Was told that 1 gallon of bleach unscented per 100 feet of 6 inch casing
  3. Rman

My eight year old well pump died. Had the old pump pulled out from 300 ft and new goulds 3/4 hp 7gpm 240v pump installed into well same depth. Chlorinated well 3 gallons bleach Ran water till smelled chlorine then left for 4 hours. Started well to flush and the dark black color of the water...
  4. Rman

Emergency 12 volt external pump

If I were to hook up a one pipe jet pump to the 1inch pipe from the pitless to the basement would the pump be able to pull water up from 300 feet where the submersible pump is? There is a check valve at the submersible pump Are you thinking that the 295 foot level that the water in the 6 inch...
  5. Rman

Would the two pipe deep well pump fit in the 6inch casing along with the pitless and the 1inch poly pipe? What goes at the end of the two pipes to get water up to the pump? Does a jet pump need a lot of water to prime? Over 5 gallons? Thanks
  6. Rman

I’m not looking to pressurize the plumbing Those small pumps maybe 20lbs pressure I’m more to fill a 5 gallon Jerry jug for flushing and cleaning up
  7. Rman

I’m trying to find a 12 volt dc pump that I can push a pipe down the 6 inch well casing in case the submersible pump dies suddenly or during storm no electricity. The current set up is a 6inch steel cased well to 320 feet. There’s a 3/4 hp 240 v two wire pump installed at 300 feet. The static...
  8. Rman

Pex and uv light exposure

I plumbed up my whole house 7 years ago with Pex type B. All the pipes are in the walls except for the basement. At the time of purchase the only warning was to not expose the pex to more than 30 days of UV sunlight. Today I watched a video that said you should not expose any pex to Uv light...
  9. Rman

CSV makes a rattle noise

I have a CSV installed now for 7years. I’ve noticed that there is a rattle noise when pump is running. Everything works properly. 3/4 hp 10Gpm pump set at 300 ft in 320 ft well 5ft static level produces 4GPM. One thing I noticed is the valve is installed up side down. Adjustment screw is down...
  10. Rman

Generator GFI tripping

You have a neutral to ground fault will cause a GFCI to trip. Take a meter disconnect the the wires at the well head (power off) test for continuity between white and green (or bare copper) wires any reading other than infinity can cause the GFCI to trip. If that reading is good then the 7500...
  11. Rman

Air in heating pipes

No bleeders used I was taught that you need bleeder valves in a Monoflow system I have a one loop per zone
  12. Rman

Air in heating pipes

I’ve got a Weil McClain 7 year old propane fired high efficiency boiler. All summer it runs and produces domestic hot water to a 50 gal indirect tank. The piping for 5 zones is copper at the boiler then oxygen proof 3/4 inch pex throughout the house. Every year when there is a call for heat...
  13. Rman

Lifespan of supply lines

Now that most supply lines to sinks and toilets are of the pre made stainless steel covered vinyl tube inside what’s the lifespan before they need to be replaced? Manufacturers say when they leak!! I’m on a well with max pressure of 65 psi no leaks but should I change them say 10 years of...
  14. Rman

Storing submersible pump

With supply shortages and prices skyrocketing I decided to purchase a new goulds pump/motor as a replacement for my 7 year unknown brand pump. How do I store this pump to have it ready to go when time to replace old one? I would also like to test the new one before storage. Is a clean garbage...
  15. Rman

Air in baseboard hydronic radiators

Yes there is air coming out when I bleed the individual zones. Two story home 5 heating zones about 1800 sq ft.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks