Recent content by RLrobinhood

1. RLrobinhood

Water Analysis Help Needed (copper leaching from pipes)

Thanks Bannerman. I just posted the report.
  2. RLrobinhood

Thanks guys. The pH is normal, total dissolved solids, corrosivity, no sand, and everything is grounded. So weird. Is anyone familiar with a person or company that would be able to help solve this? Many thanks!
  3. RLrobinhood

Hi all, I need some help. The water in my mom's house is testing high for copper and leaving blue residue on the fixtures and white clothing when she washes them. The copper is coming from the plumbing inside her house and I'm terrified she wills start developing leaks. My mom's house is on...
  4. RLrobinhood

Service Entry Relocate-wire sizing questions

Not technically service conductors. These will be conductors between the meter base at the edge of the property and the main panel on the side of the house. So, I believe I'll need to have a ground conductor and then bond at the meter base.
  5. RLrobinhood

Thanks Wayne. All good info and advice. With the 300 kcmil AL wire, what size of AL ground would that require? Would it be a 1/0? Thanks again.
  6. RLrobinhood

Thanks everyone. So, I did the load calcs. That was very good advice. Thank you. Here is the link to my load calculations. I think I'll be fine with a 200A service. So, what are your thoughts on both the service size and the wire sizes in my design layout? Again, many thanks! Load...
  7. RLrobinhood

The power company won't do that. This is a rural property, and they will only relocate a pole mounted transformer in-line with the current overhead transmission wire. Unfortunately, this will either put the new pole mounted transformer in the/my way or in a very small hay field/paddock that...
  8. RLrobinhood

The site layout picture is in the link in the post above. I couldn't get a pic to post without an error? I downsized the file size too.
  9. RLrobinhood

Meter Base Relocate Project Purpose: The current power pole and associated mounted meter base and the pole guy wires are in the way and impede a recently constructed RV parking pad. I want to relocate the meter base to the edge of the property so it is out of the way. Need: I don’t need...
  10. RLrobinhood

Hi all, I'm not an electrician, but have done a lot of electrical projects, including upgrading electrical services. So, a project of this size and complexity doesn't scare me. I am the homeowner and live in Wyoming and will be acquiring a permit from the state of Wyoming for this project...
  11. RLrobinhood

Voltage Drop/wire size for service entry

Hi all, Near my house (about 20 feet away), I have a powerpole/transformer. The 200A service entry comes off the transformer, into the meterbase, and then underground where it enters the house. Right now, the powerpole is in need of replacement. The power company (just a general type of...
  12. RLrobinhood

DWV, am I creating unnecessary work????

I made some decent progress today. One thing I'm concerned about is the floor drain quality. The grate on it looks fairly weak and I suspect it will break out sooner or later. But, I like the fact that is has an integral trap and cleanout. Despite this, I think I want something of a little...
  13. RLrobinhood

I'm pooped, lol. But feel good with what I got accomplished today. I put the wye much lower than previously so I could plumb the laundry stack like in post number #37 on page two above. You can see i just have some fittings laid in there with tape to keep sewer gasses out and allow the...
  14. RLrobinhood

Thanks Wayne. You are a wealth of knowledge. I need to go grab one. I really appreciate you providing references. Good reading. I couldn't find anything in code, but the ASTM must be something different?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks