Recent content by Rkupon1

1. Rkupon1

How to dial in/settings: Navien ncb240e, hot water coil, buffer tank, outdoor reset

Cliff notes^^^ Theres a big difference between what is PRACTICAL and TECHNICAL. Cost will always factor in. Especially upfront. Im doing my best to find that happy medium myself. Rich and i have been doung some fine tuning, and sofar so good honestly.
  2. Rkupon1

How to dial in/settings: Navien ncb240e, hot water coil, buffer tank, outdoor reset

The ERV runs independant of heat/ac call. If the air handler is running during a heat or ac call, than great. But the erv and fan motor are both doing a great job sofar for IAQ. I ve lived in 3 houses sofar, im 36. One was built in 55' with high effeciency equipment and r8 insulated/energy star...
  3. Rkupon1

The buffer tank will work as the lowest down fire rate(18,000 btu s) defly is further away from whats typical btu s needed here in 20s and 30s. Not design btu s. My problem is finding that happy medium between boiler run/condensing and boiler off/stored thermal mass. I agree this system wasnt as...
  4. Rkupon1

Ok, great. I have alot to digest here. Rich n I have known each other for years thru business. Unfortunately, by the time i reached out to him on this job, my custom built house, i was already very convinced what i was doing would be great. We are now trying to salvage comfort n effeciency at...
  5. Rkupon1

Heres a quick snapshot 4pm, 38* outside, there was a call for heat, 6min burn cycle with 108*-110* water. I believe my reset ratio design was 140* water on 0* day, than it was 100* water on a 62* day. WWSD is set for 63*. I believe thats my outdoor reset curve. Bare with me as this...
  6. Rkupon1

Fyi, i also incorporated a taco pc700-2 with a sensor well in the buffer tank half way up. Its tied in with a sr504EXP switching relay
  7. Rkupon1

Yes, i shall do my best to relay answers to your questions as info. We are using 2-Goodman avptc29 air handler(s), both are only running between 550-650cfms. Duct design is tite and sized accordingly, we have all 4"+5" stackhead supplies thruout. Lotsa returns. The idea was the less is more...
  8. Rkupon1

Some basic info, Heat calc loss 1st flr-12,000 btu s 2nd flr-14,000 btu s Attached 2car garage(future zone for fan coil not in use right now)-14,000 btu s Detached finished garage-30-40,000 btu s. The detached shop isnt built yet, but will be next year. Planning on a 30x40 with radiant in floor...
  9. Rkupon1

Some pics of my work and current system set up
  10. Rkupon1

Hey guys, new member here, so a little background history first. Im an hvac guy since 01', i ve only recently started to get into advanced hydronics and boiler systems. Pretty much been a forced hot air tin knocker my whole career. Im really startn to dig the controls aspect and high effeciency...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks